Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: Z10 sound suddenly went off

Yes.
Sadly.
My Z10 must be repair for at least 6 weeks.
They said that flashing the unit didn't solve the problem.
They said that maybe hardware mulfunction.

I started thinking that BB Z10 have very poor hardware quality
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Shame man, that is terrible... and so disappointing am really sorry to hear that. Please will you keep us updated as to what happens in the end, might also be taking mine in next week.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Indosat

Okay.
As soon as my phone is back.
New Contributor
My Carrier: alfa

I am having the same problem now, it seems to be a widespread problem, because my friend is experiencing it also,

The sound of the z10 suddenly turns off by itself (ringtones, notifications, video, music,...) , although everything is on Max and not muted, usually this is happening to me when i am playing music, the sound suddenly goes off for all the apps, sometimes the restart works sometimes not, the sound will come back later by itself, 

After doing some research online, some users suggested that this might be a problem with the Max volume of the device, so i put it on approximatly 70 %, and for now it is working. hopefully an update can fix this problem because it is very annoying and a deal breaker for most.

Can someone from BB confirm if it is a Harware or software issue?

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Claro

I'm having the same sound problem. Trying to play music also no response any key including volume.

Only solution is reset the device, but isn't the idea have the latest technology from BB with the "reset" solution of previous BB models.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi guys I just got a new phone. I suggest u take hrs in like I did and get a replacement from blackberry. Thanks
New Contributor
My Carrier: alfa

my phone is muted again, but rejoice everyone i discovered the solution and it works 100 %.

When your phone is muted, play a music file (no sound i know), remove the back cover, and press your fingers below the battery (dont know the exact place, in the middle above the speaker), and the sound returns, MAGIC.

Well it seems to be either a harware issue or a cover issue.

Hope it helps you all

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTS UA

+1

100% hardware and BB know it. but they cant say it oficially.. Smiley Happy 

My Carrier: Safaricom

Just had the same issue, I use a flip cover. Just removed the flip cover and sound works fine. When I put back the flip cover and play a media file then switch it off and try to play it again no sound. Take off the flip cover and sound works perfectly. Strange.
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks, that fixed it!!! Easy too!