Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: alfa
Accepted Solution

Z10 turning off at 48% !!

My Z10 is turning off at 48% although the battery cycle is still the same..The reading is just not calibrated !

Am frustrated tried a lot of things can anyone help??

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: UFONE

Re: Z10 turning off at 48% !!

[ Edited ]

Hello

Issue came first in the z10 model stl 100 1 when the last release of 10.0 was updated and throughout the 10.

1 this issue is present in z10 stl100 1 model. in 10.2 leak although this issue is resolved as now i am using it ....

basically what this error is  " your device battery meter goes off sync with the actual battery meter therefore your mobile gives different percentages for the differect battery level " as you said that z10 turning of at 48 % at this time your battery actually is fully discharged but your mobile goes from 100 to 48 % but your battery goes from 100 to 0 % . and when you charge again your mobile starts from 48 % and your battery from 0 %. am i correct ?

there are many things that you can do to correct it this off sync

1. charge your mobile and then with your mobile connect to OEM charger ,  remove the battery for 1 mint then reinsert it .. do it 2 times a day for fews day it will correct your device meter ... but it do not work for all

2. second as you said at 48 % your mobile goes off and you probably think there is a lot of battery but actually there is not .... mobile flash do not work when the battery voltage is below 3.4 v.... so to check it at 48 % open your camera and on the flash and try to capture the pic many time when your battery goes below 3.4 v you will notice flash is not working anymore ... at this time your mobile giving you false % .... to see it when your mobile goes off pul out the battery for 1 hour and then place the battery in then press power button for 3 sec then leave then for 5 sec then leave then for more than 1 mint then leave now plug the charger and do not press the power button you will notice your mobile start charging and after a while it will start and you will see mobile will be giving the actual % 10 or 20 and charging to 100 % ...

Note: do this when your mobile goes off ..

do update me with your feedback

New Contributor

You are 100% right I have a STL100-1 and thats true that my OS isn't calculating the percentage right but at 48 % my battery is actually 0 % and I tested it out a lot of times ...

I will try your methods hope it works but to be honest when I installed 10,2 leak it made it worst and the battery was always at 0 percent and LED flashing Battery icon is red but the phone was still completely on....ill try your other methods though....

Trusted Contributor

yeah I have seen that too... but after using for two weeks 10.2.0.1047 leak have corrected my meter slowly slowly.... I have to apply 1 hour battery pull two times I guess after I installing the leak a month ago now everything is fine 

Trusted Contributor

New Contributor

Thanks I tried to pull my battery for more then one hour and put it back it worked thanks a lot!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are welcome Smiley Happy 

Further How you can check that if your battery goes off sync .....here is the method 

Go to blackberry world .... search " battery " 

the very first search will be with the name " Battery " select that ..... when you open it ... you will see Battery and below it will be written " By MacroPinch, ltd " 

Install this Battery app

open it and go to advance .... whenever your battery goes off sync then in this app you will see battery health will be below 30 % ... then pull the battery for an hour and it will be sync now and health will be more than 80 % or so Smiley Very Happy

now my mobile working fine i have to pull battery two times i guess and battery is now fully sync since the last many days Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 LE - BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: TIM Italy

I need to do a normal shutdown or a battery pull?

Anyway thanks for the solution, i'm going to try in this days and hope this solve my issue!
Trusted Contributor

Normal shutdown and don't do this when your mobile is fully charged... use your mobile for many hour so it actually goes off sync then shutdown normally