Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Videotron

Re: Z10 vs Apple powerbook G4 Mac OS 10.5.8

Yes i tried. It also doesn't work. All files trasfer into the sd car via my computer are not recognize when i put it into the phone... The most hilarous thing is that my old computer can connect the cloud, airplay, itunes match.... and the Z10 can't do anything...

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Why the files won't display when transferred is odd. They should.

As for Link working with your old Mac it's not gonna happen. I wish there was better news but it is what it is and there is nothing anyone here can do about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes someone can do something: blackbery could re-bought my Z10 it will be a real pleasure to sent it to the factory... Now i have to deal with 2 years... just thinking about it makes me crazy

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

A couple of things before we give up. 

1. Have you tried a different SD card?

2. I presume if you email a file or picture from your computer and download it on your Z10 it will arrive OK?

3. Is there any way security permissions on the Mac could be interfering with transferring data to the SD card (I'm not a Mac person but have had a similar issue with Win7). 

4. Have you tried formatting the SD card on a windows computer?  FAT 32 I believe should be read by a Mac and your phone. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

This a peer to peer support community. BB rarely comments in discussions here. There is little any of us can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Yes of course, nobody can't do anything... even when i call the support and the BB hotline... It is like a hot potatoes, nobody want it.... and of course it makes me crazy... Blackberry is now on my black list.

I tried the SD card removing everything on it.. It doesn't work.

- I tried by wi-fi othing works

- I tried airplay... it doesn't want to recognize my B&O... but my old computer did

Do you know how to connect to the mac cloud and itunes match??

This is the worst phone i ever had and the mnost expensive one. Thats B.. S..t

JG

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I still cant get link to work on windows 95, 98 or ME on a 500 mhz CPU

guess its time to upgrade

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Fine and what will you do if your old computer with win95 can run airply technologies, use wifi and wathever and cant only connect your mobile??? in my case i will change my mobile. It means the COmpany choose the way of programmted osolescence... And it is absolutely not my way. I really dislike this way of consomation, so i'm now just letting people known about those things.

What you don't realize is , some companies obliged you to buy new update... And you run this way... your way,not mine sorry :-)

JG

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Still seems to me something is wrong. Did you try formatting the SD card in a windows computer, fat32? There's no reason transfer of data shouldn't work with the SD card. My son has an "old" Mac G-something and I have no issues transferring data from it using a USB drive formatted in my windows computer.
Guru II

I agree. There should be no problem transferring files to the media card from the Mac.

After you transfer the files MAKE SURE YOU DISCONNECT THE DEVICE FROM THE COMPUTER. Otherwise the card will not be visible on the device at all.

As for the Win 95 question, I have several old computers that run variations of Win 95 and 98. They work fine but they're slow and they don't run all the programs I need.

You can be shortsighted and base your mobile purchases on compatibility with old technology if you want to. It's your choice. I'm sure that at some point it will become outdated for most mobile devices. Good luck!