Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Z10

Z10 vs H264 Live Smooth Streaming under IIS 7 and Expression Encoder 4

Hello all,

First, sorry about my english, I habitually speak french.

I just got my Z10 today and I'm trying to figure out how to stream live to that kind of device via Live Smooth Streaming, running on a win2k8 server feeded by MS Expression Encoder 4 (w/ H264 codec). I'm very far to be a developper or programmer, but I'm actually able to push streams for different devices, such as Windows Mobile and iOS devices since 3 years. I configured a new stream with different recommended specs supported by the Z10, but it always returns me than "this type of media is not supported and cannot be played". By example, in Expression I use a profile named "H264 Low Bandwidth" with these preconfigured standards settings:

H.264 Baseline Level 1,3

Video: CBR-1pass, 30fps, 347kbps, 364x272

Audio: AAC-LC, stereo 128k, 44khz, 16bps)

I tried so much settings in video and/or audio without succes than I started to think that I'm too stupid to understand what's going on! I'm absolutely following the medias specs on https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/supported_media/bb10_media_support.html

In an IOS situation, I push the code like: http://10.10.10.200/campus.isml/manifest(format=m3u8-aapl).m3u8 where (format=m3u8-aapl).m3u8 is especially the part that an idevice recognizes. I removed this part, remove only the (.) content, removed the manifest word, removed all and so on. Never been able to got a single image or a sound.

Is there an option like (format=somethingelse) that I need to type somewhere? Please don't answer me to google it, I already asked 100 times to google and read tons of pages and I know it's very annoying for expert if the question was answered somewhere else (which I didn't found...) but I needs a hint.

Thank you!