Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: prospective Z10!
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 warranty transferable?

Hi everyone

I'm getting ready to grab a Z10 and will probably go to redflagdeals.com to get it. I need to know if the warranty on a Z10 moves with the handset as opposed to being tied to the original purchaser.

If it does, and I get one that's been used for a few weeks on Rogers in Canada, unlock it and register it with Telus, then something goes wrong, I need to go to Blackberry for a warranty replacement, right? I know that with my (mildly hated) iPhone, I can just walk into an Apple store and if they determine my issue is a hardware issue, they will replace it on the spot  without a receipt ( I know this because I did it once with an iPhone I bought used).

Does it work the same way with a Z10? One person over on Crackberry said that RIM may try to get you to go to your carrier for help but Telus made it clear to me today that even if I buy a phone from them (I plan on buying outright, not signing a contract), after the 14 day period they will not help me with warranty replacement.

Thanks for any comment.

Nick

New Contributor
My Device: prospective Z10!
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 warranty transferable?

Hi everyone

Kind of surprised no one here has an answer for this one! Just bumping this up to try again

Does warranty travel with a Z10 or is it only with original purchaser?

Does unlocking void the warranty?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: telus

Re: Z10 warranty transferable?

Don't know about the transfer but from what any carrier has told me in the past unlocking a device outside of having your own carrier do it so you can travel voids the warranty.