Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Z10 won't boot

My Boss came up to me last week with a bricked Z10 saying he has all his passwords saved on his PasswordKeeper app ( Ofcourse there are no known backups....)

When you plug in the phone (USB or outlet charger) and hold the power button for 10 seconds the LED flashes red once really quick(It doesn't do anything if not plugged), then nothing happens. It isn't detected by any a computer either.

I already accepted the fact he will be breathing flames on me soon when he learns the phone has been on my desk for the last week, while i was researching possible fixes. No luck.

Help me please.

New Contributor

Re: Z10 won't boot

Sorry for the double post but here are things i've already tried:

-Plug the device with USB

-Plug it to outlet/power bar

-Tried using a fully charged battery from a working Z10; didn't turn on

-Used the battery from the dead phone in the a working Z10 and was able to turn on; This confirmed the battery was not the issue.

Our carrier provider suggested we bring it to 1 of their stores to they can get it switched under our manufacturer warranty, but i need the data in this thing...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10,9900,9800,9000,Playbook
My Carrier: O2,Vodafone

Hi I have the same problem.

Battery drain over night and than won`t boot.

It was my first BB with big Problem I need Help 

My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

My battery was at least 70% when I put in on the charger before going to sleep.... Unplugged it in the morning, and I watched it fade to its death.... Stone cold dead!

The real ridiculous thing here - this is the 3rd Z10 where this has happened! Now that the shock and frustration is wearing off, its just plain sad.

No one takes better care of their Blackberry than me. It's absolutely immaculate! I've had a Blackberry since the 6750 model so I guess the relationship has now come to an end.

Has anybody witnessed this for themselves? Has it happened to you AGAIN on several Z10's that were exchanged?

OH and by the way... For the short time that I've used the Z10 I thought it was awesome!!!  It's the best smartphone I've ever used...Just wished the battery last longer and it stop dying on me... I love this phone, but for some reason it doesn't love me. So I must say so long...    :smileysad:

New Contributor
My Device: Z10,9900,9800,9000,Playbook
My Carrier: O2,Vodafone

Yes, I Have the Same Situation whats going on?

I Have so much mobiles BlackBerry was the Best and I Love it.

Also my Z10 but whats going on?

BlackBerry. Please Help me. It's Dead

Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

If your boss backed up his data on BlackBerry link, he can do a restore with his new phone, which will load all saved codes.
New Contributor

I got the password keeper part resolved...had to dig around his older PC to find an old backup from 1 of his older blackberries.
The Z10 was exchanged by the service carrier( they sent to to BB for us) and got a refurbished 1.
Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Good!