Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Z10 won't start since trying a secure wipe

I had problems where none of my text messages were moved over from previous Blackberry, as reported earlier today. I was also disappointed with the handset speed, BBM for example would take at least 5 seconds to load (instant on my old Torch), so I did a secure wipe so I could try the setup again. That seems to have been a mistake, as the handset now will not start. I see 'Blackberry' appear for a second, then get a logo that appears to be asking me to plug the handset into a PC. Doing so does nothing - the PC doesn't even register that a device has been plugged in. After about a minute the display fades and the handset just appears to switch off. I'm very disappointed with my first day with the handset - far from being a smooth experience as it should be, I've been left with the impression that OS10 is still in early beta development.

What can I do to remedy this ?

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 won't start since trying a secure wipe

kb33480 should help you.

Contributor

Many thanks for that - I now have my phone back!

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I just got the phone, and all my contacts from Facebook and twitter were in my contact list so i decided to do a securty wipeout since i had way to may contacts to start fresh, and now its now the phone isnt starting.

It turn on, but then it shows to connect to a computer, when i do that it doesnt seem to connect to the computer, ive tried 3 different computers, and it doesnt connect to the computer, and the phone isnt turning on.

Please help me!

Highlighted
Contributor

Take a look at -BD-'s reply above - the link he provides fixed it for me. It basically reloads the phone software via the PC from the internet.

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: mtn

I have tried all the steps proposed as i have the same problem but it wont work, i keep getting an error message saying an error has occurred and i should try later.please help.