Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-18-2013 04:04 AM
04-18-2013 05:21 PM - edited 04-18-2013 05:29 PM
Finally got the new BES10 installed and I now see your point. [I will explain for the benefit of others who may be having this same issue] Rather than talking with the Exchange server locally and transmitting the information to the phone, it seems that the new BES10 server only allows you to setup an email profile that works exactly the same as if you had setup an OWA account on the phone itself. So it is basically useless to resolve these issues. Guess we will have to look at other manufacturers that properly sync with our OWA server
I might add that I ended up with the same error on the phone after setting up the email profile on the BES10 server.
04-26-2013 09:47 AM
We've finally given up. Our Mobile provider agreed to take all the Z10's back and replace them with Galaxy S3's which just work!
Much of the problem appears to be that if a folder in the mailbox has too many items in it, the connection times out before it has started to download them. With the Z10, it sees the timeout as a "server error" and disables the account.
Android devices, under this situation, just wait until they CAN get the items.
I knew there was a good reason why my personal phone is a Galaxy S3
04-26-2013 09:51 AM
04-26-2013 09:56 AM
If you create the sub-folder under the mailbox, not under the Inbox you should be fine. I had a user who had ALL his sub-folders UNDER the INBOX and we had to move them "UP" to the mailbox.
The limit to the number of items seems to be somewhere between 500 and 1500 but I'm afraid I can't tell you the exact number.
It's probably best to carry out the same excercise with the "Sent Items" folder too.
08-12-2013 06:49 PM
forgive me I did not read entire 4 pages of posts but I have the same problem and here's what my co worker found, both of us are the Exchange/BlackBerry admins here, I have a Z10 on Verizon and a Q10 on Sprint, I was getting the OP message on both when activating with my personal accoutn, but then I tried 3 other test accounts and they all just worked and continue to work, so just wanted to share that maybe you will get some clues from the feedback, if you can setup your device with another account it's worth a shot if for nothing else then to test / prove this theory