Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 wont charge when plugged in initially

I am using the one that came with the phone. I plugged into my desktop at work today with old cable from torch and it worked no problem. Frustrating cause I usually charge everynight when I go to bed and itès had to be restarted for last 5nights in a row.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I am happy to report that the new software update has resolved this issue for me. The lightning bolt appears quickly as it is plugged in slow or fast.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you for that update.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Storm, Torch 9860, Z10, z30, Passport
My Carrier: Sasktel

Still waiting for the Sasktel update here.  Same problem.  Sometimes it charges sometimes not.  Battery was showing 55% when plugged into the link cable, but not charging.  Restart would not cure,  battery pull fixed the issue and  battery was also at 100%.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Toppersk wrote:

Still waiting for the Sasktel update here.

Their reasons are ridiculous.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: cosmote-romania

i have a problem with my z10 device. When the battery dies, i put it on wall charger, red led flashes, then yellow/green flashes and after a few minutes it`s starts, but the bettery shows 5% and it`s not charging. Then the battery is empty and the device is shutting down...and then again...and again...I disconnect it from power source, and plug it back in, and it`s working. Can anybody explain me what is going on ?

Developer
My Device: Z10 & Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Ideally you shouldn't let the battery drain to the point where the phone dies. But if you must, what charger are you using? The one that came with the phone? A laptop charger or even some third-party chargers might not have sufficient energy to charge the phone when it's that depleted. If you have a PlayBook charger, use that as it has more juice, but at the minimum use the one that came with the phone.

Aside from that, if you can, go to Settings and check your Device Monitor (under App Manager) and see if you spot any unusually high battery usage over the last 12 hours. If there is an app that's draining battery, consider deleting it.

If the phone still won't charge then you might need a new battery.

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Avtoakustika

My bbz10 was all about problems. About a week after i have bought it the sound stopped to work aand it constantly crashed... with the warranty they changed the phone, but the new one had the same problem... so it was "repaired" 4 times. Then the new problem came with the latest software, the phone just can5 keep up the pace with it. If you get the battery drained you need quite a luck to recharge it again.... ao finally ive deicided that BB is a bunch of **bleep** and change to Samsung edge... now guys this is poetry of the phones... and this is my last message here. Change BB its **bleep**.