Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Z10

It has been 14 days now since I started using the new Z10 and I must admit I should have kept my 9860. The Z10 and I are just not getting along. 1. The blue tooth works in the car some of the time but not all the time. Didn't work when I left for work this morning, worked in the afternoon, didn't work on the drive home but worked when going out to dinner. 2. No flashing blue LED to know when Bluetooth is connected. 3. Screen does not rotate for many items. 4. Battery will last all day at times and then only 3 hours at other times. No phone calls, couple of text messages and no surfing. 5. Swipe fro the bottom up requires the patience of a saint. Don't know where to swipe since it changes location, don't know how fast or how hard to push on the screen. Usually takes 6 - 7 tries before the sweet spot is found. 6. Blackberry Kink software: Not intuitive to use Slow - with a Quad 4 chip in the phone and I5 with 8gig ram n would think the software would fly. Not the case. 7. Hard to transfer files and photos using USB or Bluetooth if you can keep Bluetooth going.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Z10

Well for one, the Z10 is a dual core processor not quad core... but regardless, my Z10 is super fast and only RARELY do I see any lag in the normal swiping and gestures, moving from Hub to apps, etc.

2. Try BeBuzz and see if it has that function.

3. Correct.

4. That's odd. You might consider using BatteryGuru app to chart your battery and power usage, which will often indicate when some processor activity is taking place that is consuming battery power as well.

5. Could you explain that? is this from the lock screen, or what screen?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

Hey RobMopar, welcome.  So... Dodge Challenger?  Anyway, yes the phone takes a little getting used to.  Screen rotation does seem to depend on the app.  I have had no issues with battery.  As far as BT in car goes, is the Z10 listed as supported on car's web page?  If not, you may have issues.  Are you on 10.1 OS?  BTW, look around here for some posts on BT in car issues, what people have discovered is that if they lost BT functions on update, there's a leaked OS that seems to restore those functions:  OS version 10.1.0.4543

Also, question: does Cincinnati Bell still have wifi-calling?  Is the Z10 going to get a wifi-calling update like the ones on T-Mo are suppose to get in August?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

You're in very good hands with JSanders, but I had some additional thoughts which I'm hoping you will find helpful.

I'm wondering if you have a case on it which is getting in the way of swiping up from the bottom of the screen. It shouldn't be difficult at all. However, when I first got my Z10, I put an Otterbox case on it which covered a lot of the bottom and top edges, which made it very frustrating to use. (I know that not all Otterbox cases do this, but the one I bought does.) In fact, it really wasn't usable. As soon as I took the case off and switched to another I was much happier.

You may benefit from BlackBerry's videos on gestures, etc. See... http://demos.blackberry.com/blackberry-z10/na/us/gen/

On battery life, I'm a very active user and can't get through the day on a Z10 with a single battery. So I actually carry 2 fully charged batteries with me. Keep in mind that it's a much more powerful device and requires a lot more power. However, at 3 hours, something is wrong or not working well. Take a look at BlackBerry's battery tips at http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2013/03/blackberry-z10-battery-tips/

Twitter: @sheldonbk
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the information. As for number 5, any screen that requires you to swipe from the bottom.
Take care.
New Contributor

Yes, I have a Challenger. A plum crazy one and love it. Thank you very much for the information. Yes I'm on 10.1. Yes Cincinnati Bell has wifi calling but only with certain phones and as you would expect, Blackberry is not one of them. Bummer! Take care.
New Contributor

Thank you very much. I am using an Otter Box case to protect the phone and have not tried swiping from the bottom with the case removed. I will try it now thanks to your suggestion. Take care.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

RobMopar wrote:
Thank you very much. I am using an Otter Box case to protect the phone and have not tried swiping from the bottom with the case removed. I will try it now thanks to your suggestion. Take care.

There's your problem.. the OtterBox.

There are slimmer and just as protective cases out there. And Otterbox isn't all it's cracked up to be, I dropped a Storm in an Otterbox a few years ago, three feet from the ground and the screen shattered in pieces. I won't use one again.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, what brand case did you change to after your Blackberry Storm was damaged?
New Contributor

Thanks again for the help. I installed Battery Guru as per your suggestion. So far I have not been able to see any major power drains using the program and the battery still goes dead after 3 to 8 hours of minimal use. As a matter of fact, I try not to use the phone so it will have battery power when I need it. Take care and have a good day.