Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MOVISTAR

after newest update on Sat March 9 my Z10 went dead

Just opened up my new Z10. While trying to update it with a Mac and just after downloading the Link application, the download of the update never ended and suddenly an error message came out saying that the phone was disconnected and a red light flashing from the phone.

I charged it several hours. No luck.

Took out the battery and sim for a couple of minutes, several times. No luck

Re connected to the Link app and did restore and a green light came up (short happiness) and after some 20 seconds an error message saying no new update and back to the red light.

Can anybody help me? Thanks a million.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: after newest update on Sat March 9 my Z10 went dead

Hey duchir,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps below to bring your BlackBerry Z10 back to life:

1. Ensure that BlackBerry Link is installed on the PC or Mac OS
  2. Ensure the computer has an internet connection.
  3. Launch the BlackBerry Link Software.
    Note: A backup of the BlackBerry device should be tried before a reload.
  4. Turn off the BlackBerry device. Make sure there are no flashing LEDs and that the LCD is not still being lit by the backlight. If there are any flashing LEDs, hold the power button for 15 seconds until the LEDs stop.
  5. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.
  6. When prompted with Cannot communicate with device, click Restore and then click yes allow the update to be downloaded and installed on the BlackBerry device.

If the restore button is not seen press the vertical dots in the lower right corner of BlackBerry Link and select disconnected device.  Highlight the disconnected device you are working with and attempt steps 4 to 6 again.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MOVISTAR

Re: after newest update on Sat March 9 my Z10 went dead

Tks Vicious,

Everything went great till step 4. ASA I plugged the Z10 to the computer the red light started to flash again. Two inmediate flashes, then 1 single+ 1 single + 1 single + pause then again 2 inmediate flashes.

Then the Z10 icon showed up with a warning sign and that it cant communicate with the device.

I restored the device, the light turned to stable green.Then Link showed an error message saying that there was an error message and that there were no new updates. The light continued stable green and the only way to disconnect the devise was by unplugging the device either from the computer or from the device.

By doing the latter the light kept as stable green until I would push the on/off button at which the green light would turn off entirely and no new light would show up. I am at odd´s with this whole thing but appreciate any help I can get.

Best Regards
DUCHIR