Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Priv, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

& so, the trouble begin ... bold 9900 backup restore to z10 ?

Very excited as my z10 has arrived! Smiley Very Happy

The z10 uses Link instead of Desktop.  I backed my bold 9900 before this arrived.  How do I get that restored to the z10 so I can get my contacts etc. back?

Of course, pre-order the tech is like.. oh no problem, just switch your sim card & it will all be there but .. it's not SO.. 

New Contributor

Re: & so, the trouble begin ... bold 9900 backup restore to z10 ?

[ Edited ]

I had to call tech support & we're working on this.

You can try this if you have the Bold phone.. download the Blackberry Link (instead of the desktop)... open link, turn on Bold, plug in bold. it should ask you to transfer data.  do that & it will prompt you to plug in your z10 & then begin transferring the data. 

I will warn you that right now, mine is stuck at transferring 3.4 MB of 383.8 MB so it's yet to be seen if this work.  I do have a slow computer so I don't know if it's just the computer slowing it down or if it is truely stuck.

New Contributor

& if it doesn't work, I guess I'll lost all my contacts because it says Do Not Disconnect during transfer so...
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

If that doesn't work, try restoring the back up to your 9900...   Then power up both phones, pair them to one another in Bluetooth mode, then transfer your contacts via Bluetooth.. 

or you could also try...

Try doing a device switch using the media card. Go to Setup on the old device and then go to Device Switch. It will make a full backup of the old device on the media card. Then put the media card in the Z10 and go to the Setup App  and click on Device Switch to transfer the old data to the new phone.

New Contributor

I had to go onto our better PC to do this & then it worked.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I did it via Link....although it wasn't a flawless procedure.  I had to do the Link transfer (or device switch) about 5 times before all my contacts transferred over. Oh, and make sure you update your BBM on your old device first.

Then the fun begins...the calendar fiasco is just another headache I'm trying to resolve right now.

New Contributor

My calendar didn't transfer over.. no idea why & I don't think I'll bother trying.
New Contributor

Over all, a few minor bumps which I could probably solve myself if I had a "search" feature on the .pdf from Bell http://support.bell.ca/_web/Guides/user-guides/Mobile/Blackberry/Blacberry-EN/BlackBerry-Z10_user_gu...

But I have no search capabilities on the .pdf

Things are going smooth & I am still loving this phone Smiley Happy