Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: vodafone

android apps don't work

Hi.
After updated my z10 to 10.2.0.424 all android apps don't work.. i try everything.. i reinstall every apps from appworld but they don't load.. small blue bar load 50% then app crashes..
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: android apps don't work

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This is unfortunately quite common...many cannot use any side-loads, even official side-loads via BBWorld. There are many many theories and alternate installation methods proposed, none of which has so far worked for me. We are all hopeful that this will be quickly addressed in an upcoming update.

For now, the best advice I have is if you want to try those alternate methods (e.g., loading a different Runtime), then you can try (that did not work for me -- but there are other attempts I've not yet tried e.g., loading the OS but not doing any restore). If you really must have your side-loads, then you might be best advised to fall back to an OS level under which the things you need can function and keep watching for future updates and/or fixes that work for your needs.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanx.. I'll try something different...
But it's really sad how blackberry betatest his products and it's a shame how they released an OS update with this big issue..
Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9250
My Carrier: O2

I have the same problem. I bought all my apps through blackberry world and now none of the Android apps work. I did a lot of work through some of these apps and stand to lose the lot. I hope BlackBerry can sort this out fast.
Contributor
My Device: Z10

Hi,

there is an update to the BlackBerry Runtime for Android.

Link: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/39879918

This link works only from your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Maybe it helps with your Android applications.

Kind regards

Edy

Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9250
My Carrier: O2

Hi Edy,
Thanks for the information. I downloaded the update and things are now running well. Very happy!

Have a good one.

Gary
New Contributor

i uploaded runtime 595 few days ago and all apps work good.