Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: z10 and q10
My Carrier: videocon
Accepted Solution

antivirus

is any good free antivirus available for blackberry z10
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: antivirus

None needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Idea

You'll have to sideload if from here.

Here is an Antivirus on the BlackBerry App World but its not free.

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Any antivirus for BlackBerry is just snake oil. Don't waste your money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

SiddharthAjmera wrote:

You'll have to sideload if from here.

Here is an Antivirus on the BlackBerry App World but its not free.

Worthless. You can't have an "anti" virus for where there is NO virus.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Limited Edition Z10, BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Idea

I agree with you. Smiley Happy

Was just answering his query.

Click on Like Button if I helped you. Accept As SolutionIf my response solved your problem.
Trusted Contributor

thanks siddarth nd john
Guru II

Since you have, indeed, returned to follow up on your questions, please don't post so many one-line questions on the forum. Many of your questions are related and could easily be posted in one thread. It makes your questions appear to be spam, even if they are legitimate questions.

Trusted Contributor

okk thanks next tym.i take take of it.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Regarding viruses and malware...   Never say NONE.

CNET Artical from 6/18/2013

"BlackBerry has released a security update resolving an escalation of privilege vulnerability that existed in "BlackBerry Protect" enabled devices running version 10.0.10.261 and earlier operating systems. The company says that version 10.0.9.2743 is not affected and that they have found no evidence of attackers exploiting this vulnerability in the wild.

Customer risk is relatively low, the advisory explains, because a successful exploitation of this vulnerability would only be possible on devices with Blackberry Protect enabled and on which the BlackBerry Protect feature has been used to reset the user's password. Furthermore, the more severe exploitation requires that an attacker has physical access to the device after its user has downloaded a maliciously crafted application."