Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: antivirus

Right. And the only way to get it is to purposely download and install the application. And even then, the attacker has to physically have the device. Pretty far fetched but BB fixed it anyway.

Any antivirus for BlackBerry is a waste of money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Correct John, as stated in my post.

The point here being, at some point each and every OS be it server, desktop, tablet or cell phone will have someone, somewhere produce virus or Malware specific for the OS it runs. It is simply the nature of the electronic device world for someone to attempt an exploit. I am not saying there is a need to run out and purchase antivirus software as today the cost far out weighs any potential risk.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Even the security patch notice you pasted above was not a "virus", so an antivirus software for BlackBerry is a waste of money (and would not have detected the above stated "hole").

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: z10 and q10
My Carrier: videocon

how was the max free security it is too costly!! can I buy??
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

chinmay29 wrote:
how was the max free security it is too costly!! can I buy??

Could you please phrase that in a way that someone could understand what you're asking?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor

I means I find a antivirus max free security in BlackBerry app world for my z10 but it is very costly so can I buy it??
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Only if you have money to waste.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor

oh not at all!! thanks for advice.
New Contributor
My Device: 8320 v4.5 upgrading to Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Heck yes antivirus !!!!!

So I bought a 'open box' new blackbeery off eBay.  Prior to transferring data for the old unit to the new one, and transferring the phone via the carrier, an interesting development occured.

The first time I used it on the net it went opages I hadn't clicked and asked for 'permissions' to which I said no.  The second time I logged onto the internet the browser went crazy, going places I hadn't directed it.  My previous online effort took to to just two regular webistes, one of which I know does not have any java on it.

As things went wack, up came a blank screen with the message

'Wer buttons

our device'

I had noticed that there was a whole lot of 'certificates' listed (more than 100).

So don't tell folks a Blackberry is internet secure !!!

Guru II

ArtofEngineering wrote:

Heck yes antivirus !!!!!

So I bought a 'open box' new blackbeery off eBay.  Prior to transferring data for the old unit to the new one, and transferring the phone via the carrier, an interesting development occured.

The first time I used it on the net it went opages I hadn't clicked and asked for 'permissions' to which I said no.  The second time I logged onto the internet the browser went crazy, going places I hadn't directed it.  My previous online effort took to to just two regular webistes, one of which I know does not have any java on it.

As things went wack, up came a blank screen with the message

'Wer buttons

our device'

I had noticed that there was a whole lot of 'certificates' listed (more than 100).

So don't tell folks a Blackberry is internet secure !!!

Heck NO!  No virus!!!

You bought a device from eBay that likely has an IT policy on it.  That means someone connected it to their corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and that loads the IT policy from that server.  Happens all the time.  A simple Reset to Factory would solve the issue. 

Sorry to spoil your fun.  No virus there.