Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

backup and restore won't work when going from one z10 to another z10

I backed up my old z10 which still worked but is now sold. I had the latest 10.2.1 update on my old z10 which I recently did a couple days ago.

A couple of hours later I decided to restore the backup I made from my old z10 into the new z10. I made sure that I did all of the software updates that were available for my new z10.

When I connect link it complains that that the software is incompatible for my restore operation to fully work. It won't restore my apps, contacts, or settings. The only thing it offers to restore is the media from the backup file I made.

Please help!!!!! The most important thing is the information saved in the Password keeper app and the contacts.

Why is this happening?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: backup and restore won't work when going from one z10 to another z10

Did you choose the "swop devices" option or just try to restore the backup to your new phone ?.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: backup and restore won't work when going from one z10 to another z10

No I didn't try the swap device, I just did the backup/restore operation.

But just to test this swap method I did try the swap device between a z10 and a z30 and that seemed to give me the same error.

Why is link so picky? If it is os 10.2.1 it should do a backup/restore seamlessly otherwise what is the point?