Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: vodafone

battery gone crazy after 10.1.0.273 update

Since I updated to the latest 10.1 update for the stl-1 z10, the battery is behaving very unexpectedly. 

I got the battery draining fastly from 100% to 0%. but the phone would not shutdown at 0%, but instead it would continue functionning normally for few hours on 0%. it kept on doing this for few days...

I tried to "recondition" the battery by performing full charge - full discharge cycles for few days, but it didnt change much....

then suddenly, the behavior has changed. When battery reaches around 30%, the phone just shuts itself off, and no way to turn it on unless I charge the battery. but when the phone just starts after i begin charging it, the battery indicator says I have 31% battery, which I know is wrong, the battery is fully empty.

A reset of the phone or reloading the OS does not fix the issue.

Finally I want to say that my phone usage has been the same everyday, and my phone is able to stay for 10-12 hours of usage, regardless of whether it shuts down at batt. indicator 30% or whether it keeps on working at 0%, I have the same battery daily life average, the same as before the update (or slightly better even).

Any help? 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: battery gone crazy after 10.1.0.273 update

Do this:

With wall outlet charger connected, let it charge at least 15 minutes and LEAVE the charger connected and remove the battery and replace it to reboot.

The device has its own on-device battery meter and the battery knows it's own charge/discharge computation. Often the device and the battery will disagree, or be "off sync" in the power remaining in the battery, and the reboot as described will reset that on-device meter.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, it makes some sense, I will try and let you know the outcome.

Do it a couple times over the 2-3 days and let me know.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SINGTEL

Hi,

I am having battery issue too.

My Z10 gets fully discharged from 100% to 0% in less then 10 hours, despite not using the phone at all.

Appreciate your insight.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

This doesn't sound right at all, does it?

Andrew50 wrote:

Hi,

I am having battery issue too.

My Z10 gets fully discharged from 100% to 0% in less then 10 hours, despite not using the phone at all.

Andrew, for that ten hours, your Z10 is powered off, not use at all?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SINGTEL

Yes, not used at all. Left it on the table. Tried it yesterday, fully charge 100% at 1730 hrs by 2230 hrs 05% left. About 20% per hour. Also, the Z10 gets very hot too.
New Contributor

Hi all,

So far the issue remains unsolved for me despite trying the battery pull with charger connected, I have tried 2-3 times so far..

Any other recommendations ? 

Regular Contributor
My Device: Leap; 16GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I've noticed my battery isn't lasting as long as it did when I first got the phone.  My useage patterns haven't changed much over the last 2 weeks, but the battery wll be at about 30% after 8 hours of intermittent Facebook, Twitter and browsing use with a few phone calls mixed in.  I've noticed the back getting quite warm in the top left hand area, even with no use.

Any suggestions?