Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: torch
My Carrier: att

battery life

Tell me/us about Battery life on the NEW Blackberry? I hope it is better than the torch version! I had to buy a SECOND used torch so that I can start my day with TWO BATTERIES! Some of us are NOT inside next to a wall outlet or car charger all day long!
Does the NEW 10 use the same removable battery as the older models do?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: battery life

The BlackBerry Z10 does comes equipped with a removable 1,800mAh battery, but you can't use a battery from an older model BlackBerry.

Some tips for better battery life:
* Ensure your Z10 is updated to the latest version
* The battery should improve over the first few days as it goes through charge cycles.
* Turn off anything that isn't being used, like WiFi, bluetooth, LTE

Since I use email service for business, I'm real leary of switching! I can't carry a 12 volt battery around with me!
Developer
My Device: Limited Developer Edition
My Carrier: WiFi

Try check the charger bundle for z10 will be your best partner... Or try looking for extended battery

If i've helped you use the like button (KUDOS)!
Follow me at twitter: @hektorc
Read my blog: http://hektor.in
Check my GitHub: github.com/hektorcyc
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This is the charger bundle that was mentioned.. one of the best Blackberry features!

You can use the extra battery as a battery by itself, or plug this into the Z10 and it will dump it's energy into the battery that is already inside the Z10 (I think this is probably less efficient, but if you are waiting for an important call and can't wait for a reboot it can be a great feature!)

You simply plug the charging case into the USB charger that came with your Z10 and it will charge the battery, you can also plug the Z10 into the other end to charge both at once.

Use a Playbook charger (now called the "Premium" Charger) to get maximum charging speed!

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy

I still think buying "extra" charger is unscrupulous! Shouldn't designers/engineers design a better battery?
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

4davidmills wrote:
I still think buying "extra" charger is unscrupulous! Shouldn't designers/engineers design a better battery?

The LS1 battery is a better battery!

The Z10 consumes more power (larger screen), etc., and no one is forcing you to buy the battery bundle, but it's like very very handy when you need it.

PS, you don't need to buy an additional phone, just the battery and the battery charger. I did the same for my 9850 Storm, to keep one battery charged. I pity my iPhone user friends whose battery dies and they can't swap one out, and have to stay tied to a charger all day.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

4davidmills wrote:

I don't think that it is unscrupulous for a manufacturer to give you options.. which is what they are doing.

Maybe someday they will give us the option of a larger mAh battery if we are willing to accept a larger back and thus a thicker phone (I'm sure that some people would be willing), but that'll be an additional option, and you'll have to pay for it. Just like options on other products... You want the 24" Chrome wheels on your Escalade.. that's an option you pay for, just like a larger battery or additional charger. Smiley Wink

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Add in 1500 MA of power with this too

http://www.power-skin.com/z10-battery-case.php

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III

An interesting option as well, have you tried one? I'd be interested to know if the sides affect the gestures at all, they look like they'd be OK.

I don't see an image of how it hooks up to the USB port on the phone, or does it hook in elsewhere?

Cool that they have enabled NFC to pass through too...