Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: carphonewarehouse

battery life

hi, i just bought a new blackberry z10,andthe battery life is no longer then 12 hours with minimal usage(4-5 phone calls,no internet usage,idle most of the time)i tried different os versions, but still the same.

what i can do???? any help please

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: battery life

Hey, when did you buy it?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

a week a go

New Contributor

it was brand new 

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Post Upgrade device lag, heat, fast battery discharge:  After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage, which in turn can cause higher than nornal heat from the device. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. Connect to a good WiFi source and relax. The battery will recover after a few days and you'll see normal battery usage again. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code