Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: bbm problems

I wish you'd also let BlackBerry tech support know of this issue, they need to know it is occuring.

Good luck.,

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Same problem here.  I have a BB Z10 and it has the latest software update.  I had just sent a BBM message to a contact and then poof, all of my contacts in my BBM list vanished.  I did the battery pull and restarted and they are still missing.  Texted my BBM contact and she said I have disappeared off her BBM contact list.  Another contact confirmed same thing.  WTF? 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fstorto wrote:

Same problem here.  I have a BB Z10 and it has the latest software update.  I had just sent a BBM message to a contact and then poof, all of my contacts in my BBM list vanished.  I did the battery pull and restarted and they are still missing.  Texted my BBM contact and she said I have disappeared off her BBM contact list.  Another contact confirmed same thing.  WTF? 

with the Z10 powered on, remove the battery a second, replace and reboot.

Your BBM contacts should repopulate.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Tried to do the battery pull a couple of times.  It didn't work.  Between the time that all bbm contacts first disappeared and me trying to do the battery pull suggestion, 2 of my contacts had re-added me to bbm.  Would that affect my 'original' bbm contact list?  I also tried to delete the 2 re-adds so the bbm contact list was empty and do the battery oull again, but my original contact list still did not re-appear.  I'm guessing that I now have to re-invite everyone manually.

New Contributor

I gave up and re invited. I have had no problem since.