Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Att

blackberry.net email

Does anyone know how to set up email for att.blackberry.net?

All my previous Blackberry's had a separate icon for my att.blackberry.net email account. 

When I went to set it up there was a message that said, "In order to continue receiving email from att.blackberry.net please enter an email address to forward?" 

Please help of this one.....Thanks,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry.net email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Those "hosted" email accounts are a function of BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). BIS is not used for BB10. Hence, those hosted email accounts cannot be interfaced to a BB10 device. Catch-22...I know. There are tons of "good" and "bad" points about BIS going away for BB10, but they are a totally separate debate, not useful to your situation.

You need to put that forwarder in place. Further, you need to migrate off of that hosted email account within 1 year...for that is the "grace period" allowed for the forwarders to function:

• KB33260 BlackBerry (hosted) email address forwarding for BlackBerry 10

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

Sorry I can't be more specific, but if you google it I'msure it will pop right up. I just can't remember what got me there.

You get the chance to forward it to a real email address of your choice.

Maybe it was when I logged into the old Desktop app.

Super Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I was just in chat with ATT Tech Support and they said I needed to forward the account.  Wish I would have known that before I got the Z10.  Anyways I just got disconnected while they were searching for how to do it.  I did go to your link but my att.blackberry.net account does not have a password.  It automatically set itself up I think via my pin.  I see on my POP3 account there is a section for the password but nothing is there for the att email account.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Att

Blackberry has messed up on this deal.  I surely hope that someone from RIM is reading this thread and they'll consider bringing back the dedicated email service directly to the device. 

I can't imagine that the Blackberry Internet Service is that expensive to run in the grand scheme of things.....

Super Contributor

Lumberman2462 wrote:

Blackberry has messed up on this deal.  I surely hope that someone from RIM is reading this thread and they'll consider bringing back the dedicated email service directly to the device. 

I can't imagine that the Blackberry Internet Service is that expensive to run in the grand scheme of things.....

i use that email a whole lot and now poof its gone just like that. 

i called BB support and they tell you "we don't host those emails anymore for the Z10" without a care in the world whether you were using it or not.  but they said just for the Z10 so i guess if you have another phone, you're still in luck.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

BIS is being phased out of service as of the BB10 OS. So all BB10 devices will no longer use hosted BIS accounts. They are giving you one year of forwarding to get your accounts in order and transferred to your own email account.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

I tried to forward to another email address. It did not work. What else can I do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

bmtaylor wrote:

I tried to forward to another email address. It did not work. What else can I do?

Hello,

Well, the KB has a tremendous amount of alternative methods to try, but from your sparse reports, it's impossible to know which you tried. Nor, indeed, is it impossible to know what "It did not work" actually means. For example, did you succeed at configuring the forwarding, but new items are not being forwarded. Or were you unsuccessful at even configuring the forwarding at all? From your words, it's impossible to tell exactly.

You can, of course, ring up the carrier that was responsible for your BIS account, and they should be able to help get it configured correctly.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Super Contributor

bmtaylor wrote:

forwarding worked fine for me.  you have to log in to your BIS in order to do it..