Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell
Accepted Solution

blackberry world stuck

Hi I got a z10 and after I downloaded angry birds, I can no longer open the blackberry world app. When I click on the icon it simply shows the loading sign forever

I have tried rebooting and removing the battery but it simply won't work
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blackberry world stuck

Will not boot up on mine, just goes into a loop
New Contributor

Yeah... same thing

So frustrating
New Contributor
My Carrier: VZW

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem.  It started about 2 1\2 hours ago.  I had opened BlackBerry World and was trying to open My World and it started spinning and won't stop I powered off and on a couple of times and then pulled the battery twice but it's still loading.  

This is being reported on Twitter and a 5 page thread on Crackberry forums. Seems to be a growing issue. 

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hey I have this same problem. If you really need to install an app you can use their website (Appworld)

and download apps you want from there. I don't know what's causing this but that's a temporary workaround.

If my post helped, click the like button!

Developer of Reader|YC , an open source Hackernews client
Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Same here, opening BlackBerryWorld only results in a black screen with the spinning swirl in the middle

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

So annoying... i received the phone today and already have problems...so upsetting.... only cuz I got it free

BlackBerry has stated this is a current known issue with BlackBerry World, and they are working on it.

It is affecting lots of users on the Z10.

Stay tuned.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Oddly enough, I had gone to the actual appworld.blackberry.com webpage on my system yesterday and it was down, but the AppWorld on my phone was.  As of last evening, the website is now up and the app is not.  

I can live without app world for a few days, but the Google outage yesterday was very annoying.

While talking about AppWorld, how do we get to the tab showing a list of programs looking for updates?

lcoughey wrote:

Oddly enough, I had gone to the actual appworld.blackberry.com webpage on my system yesterday and it was down, but the AppWorld on my phone was.  As of last evening, the website is now up and the app is not.  

I can live without app world for a few days, but the Google outage yesterday was very annoying.

While talking about AppWorld, how do we get to the tab showing a list of programs looking for updates?

Are you on the Z10 or 9810? Your profile here says 9810, and if so, this thread doesn't apply to you.

Knowledge Base Updates