Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: blackberry z10 display breakdown

[ Edited ]

What you can do is see if you can get in touch with Blackberry support. Ask them where you can send the phone for service yourself.  Because the phone is so very new, spare parts distribution may have not been taking place yet.

Did you take an insurance policy on the phone? 

Where I am in Canada I was able to buy an insurance policy. They give three instances of replacing the phone. If the phone becomes smashed or destroyed, as long as I send them the complete pieces they will send a new phone. The cost of this insurance was about 25% of the full cost value of the phone. I had to use it twice on some previous Blackberry phones. One fall in a puddle. Another simply went dead.

I can tell you from experience with other phones and tablets, if the screen or the main circuit board is damaged the repair cost will approach the cost of a new phone. There is the labor and shipping on top of the parts cost. Normally from neglagence there is no warranty unless you have insurance coverage for neglagence.

I also found (I work in the support industry), that when these devices are serviced by replacement of major parts or sections they are not always as good as when they were factory built. If I smashed my phone, my preferenc would be to replace it completely rather than to fix it.

Jerry G.
Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blackberry z10 display breakdown

As far as insurance is concerned if you have a homeowner's policy, normall small electronics like a mobile phone is already covered.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code