Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tpg

blackberry z10 problem

Hi guys Smiley Happy i have an unlocked bb z10 and i am using TPG simcard..at the top right of the screen there is a bb symbol but it often pending when i try to text someone using my blackberry messenger..anyone knows how to fix this?thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: blackberry z10 problem

Try registering your phone on the network. Swipe down from the top of your homescreen and select System Settings>About>Category-Network>Overflow Menu (three dots)>Register.

Let us know if that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

it is working now...Awesome...Thanks a lot buddy Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi mate.. just now it is working but now suddenly it stops working again..sometimes its working sometimes not working..when it is not working, i keep on showing the sending sign..do u have other solution?

have the same issue with my z10 on TPG. called up their tech support who aren't very up to date with BB. they said that BB wasn's supported on their network. I have had to explain to them that BES/BIS infrastructure is no longer required on the telco side, just the data allowance in the phone plan.. I asked to be put throught to 3rd level support and asked them to troubleshoot as if it was any other smartphone. the only thing they suggested was to try to change the APN from "yesinternet" to "internet" - I have tried that but it didn't make any difference. the other thing they suggested is to un-install/re-install the application (BBM) which I don't believe is possible in BB10 OS (even if it is, I don't believe it will fix the issue).

I also noticed that the BBM starts working again after tuning off/on mobile network connection. it continues working for a while, then it stops again. TPG said this could be due to network congestion and that the device may lose registration with the network - if that's really the case, I will not be staying with them for much longer as this is just not good enough.

I'm planning to put my telstra work sim into my z10 and test BBM that way for a couple of days. if no issues, then I will definitely be leaving TPG.