Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

(**bleep**) Auto Correct and Space Bar Issues

it has been irking me while typing and have the correct word typed in but auto correct feels it knows me better than myself and proceeds to keep correcting the word to what it feels is correct whenever i press space to proceed to the next word to type. 

yes i tried to turn off the correct when space is pressed feature but then it doesn't auto correct any misspelled words.

is there a away to ignore the corrected suggestion and insert a space instead of using the correction that is displayed on the space bar key?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: (**bleep**) Auto Correct and Space Bar Issues

For me, the "corrected" word shows on the space bar while the word I just typed appears just above it, ready to be flicked up. You're not getting your typed word above the space bar?

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

BlackBerry Employee

You can flick the word up on the spacebar to ignore the suggested word or if you've already pressed space swipe right-to-left on the keyboard and instead of deleting your last word it will remove the auto-correct and restore the word you typed.

Super Contributor

BillJ wrote:
For me, the "corrected" word shows on the space bar while the word I just typed appears just above it, ready to be flicked up. You're not getting your typed word above the space bar?

Cheers. Smiley Happy

Yep its there but I am not always looking at the keypad when I type.  I just see upward that my word is correct and simply press space to proceed to the next word to type in.  In additon; flicks don't seem to be working too well with me.

Super Contributor

-BD- wrote:

You can flick the word up on the spacebar to ignore the suggested word or if you've already pressed space swipe right-to-left on the keyboard and instead of deleting your last word it will remove the auto-correct and restore the word you typed.

I will give the right to left swipe a try.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok right to left swiping didn't do diddly.

I was trying to type "says" but Z10 kept correcting it to "days". I really wanted to type "says" though. Seriously I kind of know what I wish to type Mr.Z10 Mind Reader.

But here's the kicker... "says" wasn't even listed in order for me to flick it upward either.  Or maybe I should just flick the Z10 out of my office window instead.

BlackBerry Employee

donb wrote:

Ok right to left swiping didn't do diddly.

I was trying to type "says" but Z10 kept correcting it to "days". I really wanted to type "says" though. Seriously I kind of know what I wish to type Mr.Z10 Mind Reader.

But here's the kicker... "says" wasn't even listed in order for me to flick it upward either.  Or maybe I should just flick the Z10 out of my office window instead.

It definitely should do something.  It should either delete your last word or revert the auto-correct.  I'll test it out with at&t's build when I get a chance to verify that it isn't broken.

Super Contributor

Oh it did do something. After the third or fourth time of me retyping "says" it eventually gave up and graciously allowed me to input "says". Well that's just fine... until I get to the next word Z10 decides that it knows better than I do.
New Contributor
My Device: Z-10

If you backspace twice, it will return to the word you typed.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wynka wrote:

If you backspace twice, it will return to the word you typed.

umm i had to backspace twice in order to re-type the word over and over again.  but Z10 still kept replacing the word whenever i pressed space again.