Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: vodafone

blue tooth speakers

hi ive just got a blue tooth speaker 'bug' for my z10 and the problem is that the volume control on my z10 is locked and the music plays at full volume... im not able to control the volume..

i tried it on my wife's iphone however and the volume is controllable there.. so the speaker is fine..

any one faced this problem and if they did have they managed to solve it yet..

i tried all options of switching bt on/off.. system volume other settings on/off  nothing works the volume buttons upon pressing show a lock sign/icon...

please help

atul..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: blue tooth speakers

I noticed with other BB phones it is the same. Also with the Playbook. With BB devices you need to use a Bluetooth device that has its own volume control. The exception is with the BB dedicated earphones such as the HS series.

Jerry G.
Contributor

The bold 4 is not having the same problem. I just checked. Why is the z10 not able to do certain simple functions
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

It depends on the device type and the Bluetooth service(s) that is (are) used to communicate with the device. Some devices are able to have the volume remotely controlled, others are not. Perhaps the wrong service(s) were setup automatically by the Z10 or the service profiles are not properly configured on the Z10.

I did notice this on my Z10 when talking to the BB Bluetooth Stereo Gateway (the non NFC one) the other day. Super loud and no remote control of volume. I will look into this further. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

That's not generally true.

I have multiple Bluetooth AD2P media devices including headphones and my "bug" (Plantronics Legend) and all work fine with the Z10 for remote volume control.  The headphones also have full control of track next/previous/play/pause, as expected for an AD2P device.

This sounds like a problem with the bluetooth implementation in your speakers or the profile it connected under is wrong.  Check and see what services the phone thinks the speakers are compatible with.

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Contributor

Like I mentioned earlier that the speaker works fine with I phone and even the other older BlackBerry phones like the bold 4.
Only on z10 the volume is locked.
Forums Advisor III

tickerguy wrote:

That's not generally true.

I have multiple Bluetooth AD2P media devices including headphones and my "bug" (Plantronics Legend) and all work fine with the Z10 for remote volume control.  The headphones also have full control of track next/previous/play/pause, as expected for an AD2P device.

This sounds like a problem with the bluetooth implementation in your speakers or the profile it connected under is wrong.  Check and see what services the phone thinks the speakers are compatible with.

This is essentially what I was trying to say. Either the wrong profile has been chosen by the Z10, or the device does not support it. Looks like the most likely cause is incorrect profile programmed into or chosen by the Z10.

I have a pile of bluetooth gear of all sorts.. when I get a few moments I will check it out.Smiley Happy

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
BlackBerry Employee

[ Edited ]

AFAIK currently with the Z10 the volume will always be locked while connected to an audio device over bluetooth.  It is the responsibility of the bluetooth device to control the volume.

This functionaliy may change in the future.

Forums Advisor III

Yes this is an improper implementation of the bluetooth stack it would seem. A little birdy told me it will be sorted out.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

drewread wrote:

Yes this is an improper implementation of the bluetooth stack it would seem. A little birdy told me it will be sorted out.

so you listen to lil birdies, that explains a lot

-BD- wrote:

AFAIK currently with the Z10 the volume will always be locked while connected to an audio device over bluetooth. It is the responsibility of the bluetooth device to control the volume.

This functionaliy may change in the future.

It should change as almost every smart phone, feature phone, tablet and PC can do this already

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V