Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: bluetooth

It shouldn't be the BT connection protocol since the pairing works; it is only the reconnection that deosn't work. It seems the device doesn't maintain the coordinates or change them.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Stu. À miracle this afternoon! I checked my wife's Z10 and noticed she had a "hands free " on her device; this meant her phone was OK. Then I checked my and it was added between this morning and this afternoon! Maybe it was added at the car wash :-) Anyway, I checked and the car paired automatically, even twice ! Thank you so so much; I became lucky thanks to you !
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: AT&T

Following the steps below worked for me to establish a perfect connection between my Z10 (STL100-3) on ATT using OS 10.2.1.2141 and my 2012 ML350.

1. Delete the Blackberry profile from the MB Comand center and the MB Bluetooth profile from your Blackberry handset – reset your Comand (keep pressing the Volume button, until it reboots and restart your phone (keep pressing the volume up and down buttons together until the screen goes blank – yes, it makes a free screenshot as well)

2. Create a new pairing (accept codes in handset and in Comand) and answer the popup question in your handset (that you trust the MB Comand or something like that)

3. IMPORTANT: After the pairing is made and the handset asks to select the car maker (Mercedes, Smart or Maybach), just select "Ask later"
    Check the MB Bluetooth profile by keep pressing it until the options come up on the right side.  Select the 4 transverse bars (properties) and make sure that the option of hands-free is there and it is ON.

4. At this point I was able to make calls, and the phone reconnected even after the engine and the Comand were completely shut down. After each reconnection the "Car selection" screen kept popping up and the second time I tested I made the daring move and selected Mercedes. The connection works flawlessly since then.

Apparently, the initial connection is a generic one (although, the Mercedes emblem appears on the connection) and after we select the maker "Mercedes" some specific settings are activated. This is the point where a glitch occurred since OS 10.2.1.1055, where I first encountered the problem. And this is why most people don't experience the issue, because it is specific to MB and a few other maker settings.

I hope the guys at Blackberry follow this post and this will help with fixing the problem.

New Contributor

Hi Andalex.

thank you for your message. Actually, Stu, another contributor to this forum, suggested the same fix, I did it and my Z10 and my GLK 350 are pairing everytime :-)

Thanks,

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you so much, this is the only one of all the posts on this topic that worked for me on my 2010 ML. All it needed was a Comand reset, on a 2010 that's in the System > Settings menu. Could they not just tell us that?
ksr
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tmobile

Hey thanks that fixed it. I hope. At least it appears to have done something - I got the Mercedes Logo for my 2014 ML350 and saw my phone book. We'll try tomorrow.

DLP
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
My Carrier: Telstra

Thanks, that worked.

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: DTEK60
My Carrier: Koodo

Hi everyone!

We have addressed this issue in a recent update to BlackBerry 10.To check for updates on your device go to Settings followed by Software Updates.

"Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Bluetooth wireless connection between BlackBerry 10 OS devices and Mercedes-Benz car kits to be lost after upgrading BlackBerry device software from version 10.2.0 to 10.2.1."

For more detail check out this post > http://bit.ly/1tOO6qAThanks! 

Did you know that PRIV, DTEK50 & DTEK60 come with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

PRIV: Call 1-866-533-8067 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

DTEK50\DTEK60: Call 1-855-556-2522 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog