03-24-2013 04:11 PM - edited 03-24-2013 04:11 PM
Neither of the two things you listed are technically a 'bug'
The first, not being able to paste into the dialer is 'missing functionality' and I'm sure we will see it added in the future.
The second is because you need more practice with the copy and paste. It always works for me.
When you copy, select your text, then tap the highlighted text, then touch the copy icon and slide left onto the expanded icon and word that pops out and then release your finger. Copy done. Practice with cut so you can see when you are successful.
To paste, simply touch and hold the text area you want to paste into and touch the paste icon and slide left onto the text and icon that expands then release your finger.
Copy and paste works, and we'll every time.
03-24-2013 04:24 PM
03-24-2013 08:51 PM
@DrewRead - the two things I listed in that particular post are both actually bugs.
1. I wrote about being unable to send an emails. I didn't write about copy-pasting into the Dial Pad (that was a previous post, and yes that was a functionality issue, not a bug). Here is the issue I was referring to: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33736 . As you can see it was recognised by BB on 12 Mar, but nothing done about it.
2. I would consider myself tech-savvy, above average anyway, so if a text is not copied, then I would have probably already considered the fact that maybe I'm not tapping properly, so please, no need to lecture on how to copy-paste. The reason I know it's a bug, is because I actually tapped Cut and it still didn't paste the right text. Trust me - I do it right!
I didn't notice that you added that email getting stuck issue to you seem to be having getting tagged onto your reply to my post about other issues you listed.
That is indeed an odd issue, and one that I am not having on any of my 4 hosted IMAP accounts. It could be any number of things. Have you contacted your carrier's blackberry support team to see if they can help you out? If they were unable to they offer to escalate you to blackberry support, they should have... Even if there is an issue in the KB, it is always a good idea to call in and get your voice heard. The more tickets opened for an issue, the more people that are put onto it from development.
In reading that rather ambiguous KB, it would seem to be an issue with a single upstream provider.. 1&1 hosting. Which could just as easily be a configuration issue on the upstream end as a software bug on the side of the Z10. I don't know which is the case, but it looks like they are looking into it. Have you contacted 1&1 to see if they know about it and if Blackberry has contacted them about the issue? Maybe 1&1 will be of some help.
In fact if it was indeed listed March 12th, and this is March 24th.. this issue may have already been sorted out and coming in a new software release. No way to tell when that will happen, because unfortunately the carriers have a strangle hold on the releases. They demand to put them through network testing before they are released and that is out of Blackberry's control. At least until they get some clout back and can say enough is enough to the carriers, and so far I think only Apple has the clout to pull that one off.
As to the cut and paste, no offence intended, but I was simply trying to point out the correct procedure for the copy and paste. Tech savvy or not, many people miss the fact that for many of the overflow menus you actually have to maintain finger contact after you touch the icon and the word expands out, and then slide to the left over that word then release your finger. Otherwise no action is enacted on the original icon location. I know that I didnt figure it out for about a day and a half, and as such had the same issues as you.Then I figured out the correct finger motions to make it work and since I mastered it, copy and paste has never failed. I too would consider my self "Tech-savvy", I would save above the average "above average", and as I had issues and had to have the action pointed out to me.. I am not embarassed to point the action out to others. This is a user to user forum, and if you don't want to get any help or take any advice from any other users, then I suggest calling your carrier's support team. Sometimes you will get a good tidbit here, other times drivel.. so you have to learn what to use and what not to.
The only issue that I have with any of these overflow menus is that some of them actually don't require you to make that left moving slide and lift, and some do. That is a UI inconsistency and not a bug. The proper procedure is that slide left and it works in either case, so I now do it every time and I don't have issues in any overflow menu anymore.
Like any piece of new hardware and software, there are bound to be bugs. Some people are willing to live with them (early adopters), others are not and they should either find a phone that suits them, or wait for the early adopters to get the kinks worked out. If you arent happy with your phone then by all means get one that you are happy with.
03-24-2013 09:59 PM
03-26-2013 01:05 PM
03-27-2013 08:07 AM
03-31-2013 08:00 PM - edited 04-01-2013 01:45 AM
When recieving a group message, you will get a notification of a new message in the group, but if you are texting the same person in a SMS, it will say they sent you a new message. Even after you check the group message, you have to go in and open the SMS with that person in order for the light to stop blinking. On my 9930, it would do the same things, however, instead of getting a notifcation in the group, I would get a message asking me to download the MMS, and then it would jump over to the group.
Cannot change the picture of yourself in a group message, even with your contact card in contacts
For contacts with numbers not in the format +1#######, using the facebook app will cause duplicates of the number to show up, for example if the persons number is in your phone as 412-555-5555, the format on facebook is +14125555555, you will see 2 options for mobile, just different formats of the same number
Contacts in different folders in gmail dont show up, only the main folder does.
Contact pictures dont sync correctly
Cant change names of linked contacts. For example my Mom got linked to her FaceBook, she is in my phone as Mom, but the link changed her name to Mom (LastName). I cant delete it, if I unlink it, I lose the facebook picture, and cant seem to get the one on google working
Swiping up from the spacebar always brings me back to the homescreen, there needs to me a different swype for that
There should be a way for the z10 to differentiate what you want to search for when searching for a contact. Even though i have facebook, twitter and linkedin contacts turned off in the address book, I still see all those people when I search for a number, along with email addresses. Texts should only search for phone numbers, or even an option for mobile numbers
When updating, deleted apps that came with the phone are restored
04-02-2013 11:35 AM
So, I've had my Z10 for a week now. I see several of my bugs/ feature wants already listed, but I am going to list them again for two reasons: 1. hoping the more times it's mentioned, the more attention it will get; 2. maybe I missed the solution posted elsewhere. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out. I have been a loyal blackberry user for many years now, and like others pointed out, most of these are features I used to have (upgrade?!), not a magical wish list.
1. Can't set multiple vibrate alerts; old BlackBerry, I miss 1 vibrate for text, 2 for email and 3 for phone call when it's in my pocket. (Mentioned elsewhere, but seems to be the most common complaint and seems like an easy fix.)
2. Why can't the "Contacts" automatically open with the keyboard screen up? Why would you not want to be able to start searching as soon as you open the contacts? I have over 3000 contacts in my phone, the percentage of time that I would want one of the first 10 alphabetically-listed contacts is very small. That should be an option for the keyboard to already be open without an extra swipe.
3. There's no "blank line" to be able to paste clipboard into dial pad. (also mentioned before, also odd it's not fixed)
4. If you dial a number, and then add it to your contacts, the phone app will revise the number to show the name you've entered. But, the hub list does not update.
5. I miss one push to set to vibrate mode. (A swipe and a touch is not as conventient and fast as one push.) The mute key should be press & hold into vibrate mode instead of press & hold into voice recognition - or at least an option.
6. When Bluetooth is active, the blue LED doesn't flash anymore.
7. In calendar week (or day) view, I can't set the default to show the whole work day. I have to scroll up each time. I can pinch zoom, but each day should be able to default to show the length of work day that I set.
8. You should be able scroll-peek at events for the day, if the whole name doesn't fit or something. On previous BlackBerry phones, you could scroll through each event, and the full details would show across the bottom. In month view, there is a 'blank area' where all the activities will show. Would be nice in day view too. Having to actually open each back-to-back event to see what's coming next is way too many steps.
9. Would like to delete an email on my phone, and have the 'delete on handheld' and 'delete on mailbox & handheld' option back. (mentioned before - if the sync could be changed to smaller than 15 minutes, this might not be a big deal)
10. GPS / Map screen won't turn to landscape mode.
04-02-2013 08:35 PM