04-03-2013 05:14 AM
When adding a hidden SSID WIFI network, inputing SSID (all caps) and locked keyboard to pressed shift, You cannot delete a character (backspace does nothing). You have to unlock shift, delete character, then lock shift again
04-03-2013 08:25 AM
04-03-2013 08:27 AM - edited 04-03-2013 08:28 AM
@Saperus - that is the intended functionality. When you hold shift or shift lock the backspace turns into a delete key.
04-03-2013 08:42 AM
No, that behaviour is only in THAT one textbox. Try it out Yourself. the backspace key is always the backspace key, unless cursor is before the first character, then it is a delete key. Every other textbox (shift locked) backspace works. SSID input (shift locked) backspace does nothing.
04-03-2013 10:31 AM
04-03-2013 10:08 PM
Avid Blackberry users looked forward to a new phone and new “added” features but I do not think we expected to lose so many features. Some of the features that were lost were the very reason many of us did not switch. Even if I have to access everything differently, it is better than not having access at all.
04-03-2013 10:38 PM
04-03-2013 11:00 PM - last edited on 04-04-2013 12:05 AM by jakoby4204
This sums up my experience so far and I am only on day two...I have used bb for many years and basically all I can say is they still dont get what it is that their users really like. WOW! was my thought when I realized the stupid thing couldnt be synced with Outlook. I also loved the "simply" transfer your data from your old phone links. it wasnt simple and now I am so fortunate to have some contacts in my phone 11 times, way to go BB. Its a shame I just cant change the browser to HTML on my BB9930. that phone kicked in the messaging arena. AND when it was easier to touch the screen you touched it, when it was easier to use the touch pad, you used it. This new phone should have at least at minimum had hard button for phone, hang up, and a programable button on the edge. My favorite thing so far is the search box is always at the top of the screen, just far enough for your thumb to akwardly not reach it. the musted tested this thing with a monkey's hand.
Here is my list:
1. when I try to search in "Calls" (i.e. in call log), the search won't return any results, even if I can definitely see a particular contact in the call log! Basically, the search function is completely not working in the call log.
2. again in "Calls", when you switch between "All" and "Missed" views, often the space between entries gets distorted - so you end up with big unintented white space between entries - very poor attention to detail RIM!
3. The "Calls" in Hub is different from the "Calls" that you enter from the home screen - in the latter you can see your speed dials and the All/Missed distinction - in the first one you can't! To me, "Calls" should be the same, regardless of where you access it from.
4. when you want to correct your typing, you tap at the point of correct and a magnifying glass appears to allow you to move the cursor to the right position to make the correction. Now this becomes very tricky indeed if the word is on the just above the keyboard, which is pretty much always the case in BBM or Test Messages. Now if you want to see where the cursor is moving you need to tap and hold at the bottom of the magnifying glass, but this means you start pressing the letters on the keyboard. And while you're doing this, the keyboard suddenly disappears and then reappears - gets very flimsy! I got so annoyed, I deleted the whole message and started again rather than continue with the agony of correcting!!!
5. e-mail had always been your strongest point, and what do you do - you mess it up! - before I used to be able to set filters from BIS, so I wouldn't get all the marketing e-mails to my phone, especially when I'm roaming. Also, I used to be able to assign an automated BCC address so all the e-mails I sent from my BB were sent to my Gmail address for archiving, now that's gone too. BB e-mail offering is now bog standard - no features and nothing to distinguish it from competitors out there.
There are plenty more and I'll post others later.
To be honest, as a very dedicated BlackBerry fan, I have to say I'm hearbroken and very disappointed. RIM - after taking a battering for several years and trying to make a big come back with Z10, this is the best you can offer - a phone full of bugs!!! Really? - you could afford making such mistakes in the past, but you knew this time it was your make or brake chance and for a lot of loyal BB fans, this was the last chance you had in retaining them and for now it seems like you blew it!
04-03-2013 11:03 PM