Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

JeepXJ.

Perhaps the brand spanking new OS and the issues that early adopters are willing to deal with just aren't for you.

You need to find a phone you are happy with. Smiley Wink

Maybe it's a BBOS phone until these are at the state you hope they will be in, maybe it's another brand... best to get something you are happy with. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10! - Retired:BB Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

drewread wrote:

anar_baku wrote:

And your suggestion regarding filtering e-mails doesn't work for me either. The e-mails that I don't want to receive in my BB are not SPAM, rather marketing e-mails that I may decide to read on my PC, but don't want them to arrive in my BB inbox. With regards to sent e-mails being saved in the server, the problem is I have migrated my own domain to Gmail and sent e-mails sent from my BB don't appear in Gmail mailbox. Auto-BCC would take care of this, but RIM decided to remove it!

I had another thought on this one this evening as I was sorting out a few rules that I use in Outlook. Smiley Happy

Do you use another email client over IMAP that is able to create and process rules? If so, why not use the rules in your other client to move items to different folders (even off the server to a local PST if you really don't need them on the handheld?

Essentially doing what BIS was doing for you, only issue that I can see is that your Blackberry may be faster at receiving updates than your other email client (mine receives messages before Outlook...)

This is how I am marking and moving all my spam marked emails to a junk folder currently, and I am using this method to move MySQL database backups that fly in as well. Smiley Happy

Just an idea until something better comes along. Smiley Happy

I have the same issue as anar_baku explained above.  The BIS made this so simple.  I dont care that they hit my Outlook, I have rules to move emails to another folder for a LARGE Google Group but I dont want any of them on my phone, especially when they get chatty.  Simple basic things, that seemed to be so smart are now gone.  IOS and android dont even do this stuff still...IOS just recently fixed their Os so when youtake a picture you can actually send it to FB or wherever, I was doing this on my BB 2 or 3 years ago.  Its almost like they lost their thinktank in my opinion.

BryonH
Contributor

I would agree, it would be nice if the clock would pop up like my 9930 does. I always know its getting charged, Z10...squint
BryonH
Forums Advisor III

JeepXJ,

I think it all comes down to time.. ever coded an OS from scratch? Smiley Wink

I am confident that we will see this all come back (at least what was useful) it'll just take some time.

One thing I don't think we'll ever see again is BIS.. Thank the carriers for that. Smiley Happy
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Contributor

drewread wrote:
JeepXJ.

Perhaps the brand spanking new OS and the issues that early adopters are willing to deal with just aren't for you.

You need to find a phone you are happy with. Smiley Wink

Maybe it's a BBOS phone until these are at the state you hope they will be in, maybe it's another brand... best to get something you are happy with. Smiley Wink

Dude, I'm a hardcore BB user.  I was using BB before it was cool and well after it wasnt cool.  Maybe I should go back to my 9930 and use it until all the carriers quit supporting BB.  You know what Verizon actually told me today.  They were waiting to see how the Z10 did before they brought in the Q10...Really? you think its just about the early adoptpers and special class of users?  The special class of users is NOW, the only ones they have left.  Me and you buddy, we are the ones they need to be talking to instead of all this forum **bleep** where everyone of us are at becuase we cant get a decent piece of information from them.  They lose us and they lose it all.  The answer to there success is right in the palm of their hand.

BryonH
Contributor

What I Really need is a Cheat Sheet Guide. Something that would show you what you used to be able to do on previous models and what you have to do now or that you can or cant do that item so you arent looking for hours trying to figure it out. Smiley Happy
BryonH
Developer
My Device: PlayBook / Z10 LE
My Carrier: PLUS GSM

[ Edited ]

@

Forums Advisor III

JeepXJ wrote:

Dude, I'm a hardcore BB user.  I was using BB before it was cool and well after it wasnt cool.  Maybe I should go back to my 9930 and use it until all the carriers quit supporting BB.  You know what Verizon actually told me today.  They were waiting to see how the Z10 did before they brought in the Q10...Really? you think its just about the early adoptpers and special class of users?  The special class of users is NOW, the only ones they have left.  Me and you buddy, we are the ones they need to be talking to instead of all this forum **bleep** where everyone of us are at becuase we cant get a decent piece of information from them.  They lose us and they lose it all.  The answer to there success is right in the palm of their hand.

Hi JeepXJ,

I think it is safe to assume that almost everyone here on this forum is a hardcore "Blackberry" user, many like me since the 950 when they mistakenly dubbed it the two way pager. Otherwise we wouldn't be here would we, we'd be hanging out with the iSheep or droidHeads on some other forum... Smiley Happy

What I am trying to get at is that at the two month mark I am VERY happy with my Z10 and the functionality that it provides. Is it perfect, certainly not, but I don't expect it to be.. does it run, yes. Does it run well, yes. Does it run better than the 9900 I had previously, certainly yes.
 Do I miss some advanced features, absolutely. Will that stop me from using this phone until they have the chance to add them, no. Smiley Wink

Version 1 of a new OS (BB10), even if they actually had the full two years to work on it (which we all should assume that there would have been major changes to the OS during it's creation due to the management changes), will not have the same feature set that an OS that was essentially 13 years+ in development.

BBOS was very feature rich, but many of those features ended up hitting a niche market, Blackberry is trying to expand their market.. so some of those features that differentiated will need to come at a later date while they  are busy developing new features that users from a larger market space would like to see. I am confident that we will see the features that are important to us (as Blackberry users) come back, it will simply take some time is all.. Smiley Happy

That all said, rather than comlplain I learn to adapt.. and am enjoying my time doing so. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

"That all said, rather than comlplain I learn to adapt.. and am enjoying my time doing so. "

For me, it wasn't complaining - just feedback. That's the way I read most of these posts.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9900 + Z30 (STA 100-5)
My Carrier: AT&T

DaveKPatrick wrote:

Just had the same issue ..

27. Weird one this. The phone stopped ringing! Checked and double-checked all Notification settings, even did a reboot but nope, phone will not ring for an incoming call! A fresh reboot finally fixed it - I was using a 206kb mp3 which may or may not be relevant

Did not realize there was a topic on this, I just opened a new one, sorry!

Did anyone find out what was causing this problem? When the phone was not ringing, was it at least showing the incoming call? For me, it is not doing anything, sending the call to VM after 1 ring on the caller's end.. Smiley Sad