Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Developer
My Device: PlayBook / Z10 LE
My Carrier: PLUS GSM

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

When adding a hidden SSID WIFI network, inputing SSID (all caps) and locked keyboard to pressed shift, You cannot delete a character (backspace does nothing). You have to unlock shift, delete character, then lock shift again

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

@arovira - a more efficient way to get into the hub than swiping up from bottom bezel and then swiping to the right from anywhere on the z10? I don't think it could possibly be more efficient, unless there was an option to always default to the hub rather than the last place you were at in the hub. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

@Saperus - that is the intended functionality. When you hold shift or shift lock the backspace turns into a delete key. Smiley Wink

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook / Z10 LE
My Carrier: PLUS GSM

No, that behaviour is only in THAT one textbox. Try it out Yourself. the backspace key is always the backspace key, unless cursor is before the first character, then it is a delete key. Every other textbox (shift locked) backspace works. SSID input (shift locked) backspace does nothing.

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: wifi

I noticed that the master volume will also change the ring volume for the phone. So if you turn down the volume on a game example, the phone ringer volume goes off too. This should not be the case
The ringer volume should be independent.
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Reliance

What did you do?? I am facing the similar problem!! Smiley Sad

Visitor
My Carrier: Verizon

• One feature that is no longer available is the ability to set the volume for the ringtone to individual contacts. I like the idea of being able to set my home phone to ring my cell phone at the highest volume even if my sounds are set to silent or vibrate. This helps locate my phone easily if it is lost but I had it on vibrate. It is also nice to set a contact’s ringtone to mute when it is just one or two that consistently call.
  • Bring back the ability to forward emails and change the email account within that forwarded email before sending.
  • It would be nice to have a way to save active tiles and pin them so that they can remain active instead of forever changing.
  • I like to have the weather set as my wallpaper. This seems impossible to do if my being able to view the current weather conditions is based off of the app running as an active tile.
  •  I miss the ability to set more than 8 speed dial contacts. If this means making the picture icons a little smaller as an option to add more speed dial contacts, please consider.
  •  My downloaded and custom mp3 ringtones tend to play in the music app. Is there a way to stop this?
  •  Need the ability to remove the dial pad tone when dialing a number.

Avid Blackberry users looked forward to a new phone and new “added” features but I do not think we expected to lose so many features. Some of the features that were lost were the very reason many of us did not switch. Even if I have to access everything differently, it is better than not having access at all.

New Contributor
My Device: z10

1. You can no longer save your voicemail password so it automatically enters it
  2. Can we get some visual voicemail? (unless its there and im missing something)
  3. If you make changes to a contact, say a contact picture, the contact information will not change in say a text message, you must delete the text before the new information is applied
  4. Add the ability to manage contact folders so I can turn certian contacts off without deleting them on Outlook.
  5. I receive a notification for a missed call, but nobody called me
  6. Please fix the camera, unless you hold it with the lens up and in landscape, your picture comes out upside down or sideways on facebook or twitter or on the computer, very frustrating if youre trying to take a picture in portrait and upload, and then it is sideways
  7. I like having the abilty to force sync my accounts, I make changes in my Outlook, they show up in Outlook.com and in Outlook 2010, but no change is made on the phone, ever. I've waited over 24 hours and that is when it is set to sync.
  8. I know it has been mentioned but the sound profiles are so confusing.  When I go to turn it to vibrate only, there is one bar on the volume bar, so I am not sure what the volume is.  If I have the button set to vibrate only, and I turn it to silent, I no longer have the option for vibrate only, I need to manually set the sound profile.  
  9. How hard is it to add multiple alarms.  I switched from an iPhone with 20 alarms for any given situation.  I cant even set 2 on this.  Cant do it on my playbook, or bold for that matter either
  10. Allow us to delete stock apps without reinstalling them when we update, or atlease add them to the last page so our icon arrangement isnt all messed up

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10! - Retired:BB Bold 9930

[ Edited ]
This sums up my experience so far and I am only on day two...I have used bb for many years and basically all I can say is they still dont get what it is that their users really like.  WOW!  was my thought when I realized the stupid thing couldnt be synced with Outlook.  I also loved the "simply" transfer your data from your old phone links.  it wasnt simple and now I am so fortunate to have some contacts in my phone 11 times, way to go BB.  Its a shame I just cant change the browser to HTML on my BB9930.  that phone kicked  in the messaging arena.  AND when it was easier to touch the screen you touched it, when it was easier to use the touch pad, you used it.  This new phone should have at least at minimum had hard button for phone, hang up, and a programable button on the edge.  My favorite thing so far is the search box is always at the top of the screen, just far enough for your thumb to akwardly not reach it.  the musted tested this thing with a monkey's hand.
anar_baku wrote:

Here is my list:

1.  when I try to search in "Calls" (i.e. in call log), the search won't return any results, even if I can definitely see a particular contact in the call log! Basically, the search function is completely not working in the call log.

2.  again in "Calls", when you switch between "All" and "Missed" views, often the space between entries gets distorted - so you end up with big unintented white space between entries - very poor attention to detail RIM!

3.  The "Calls" in Hub is different from the "Calls" that you enter from the home screen - in the latter you can see your speed dials and the All/Missed distinction - in the first one you can't! To me, "Calls" should be the same, regardless of where you access it from.

4.  when you want to correct your typing, you tap at the point of correct and a magnifying glass appears to allow you to move the cursor to the right position to make the correction. Now this becomes very tricky indeed if the word is on the just above the keyboard, which is pretty much always the case in BBM or Test Messages. Now if you want to see where the cursor is moving you need to tap and hold at the bottom of the magnifying glass, but this means you start pressing the letters on the keyboard. And while you're doing this, the keyboard suddenly disappears and then reappears - gets very flimsy! I got so annoyed, I deleted the whole message and started again rather than continue with the agony of correcting!!!

5. e-mail had always been your strongest point, and what do you do - you mess it up! - before I used to be able to set filters from BIS, so I wouldn't get all the marketing e-mails to my phone, especially when I'm roaming. Also, I used to be able to assign an automated BCC address so all the e-mails I sent from my BB were sent to my Gmail address for archiving, now that's gone too. BB e-mail offering is now bog standard - no features and nothing to distinguish it from competitors out there.

There are plenty more and I'll post others later.

To be honest, as a very dedicated BlackBerry fan, I have to say I'm hearbroken and very disappointed. RIM - after taking a battering for several years and trying to make a big come back with Z10, this is the best you can offer - a phone full of bugs!!! Really? - you could afford making such mistakes in the past, but you knew this time it was your make or brake chance and for a lot of loyal BB fans, this was the last chance you had in retaining them and for now it seems like you blew it!

BryonH
Forums Advisor III

@Saperus,

There may be some unique behaviour in that text box, but shift (and shift lock) backspace is supposed to be delete. Try it here, type some text then select the middle of the text and try it. Smiley Wink it will only backspace once all of the characters to the right of the indicator are deleted. Oddly if you type and then shift delete immediately, without first selecting a different location for the deletion, then it will only backspace (and that does seem like a bug.) Smiley Wink

You seem to have found another inconsistency in the SSID field. Smiley Happy