Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9810, 9800, PB 16GB, PB 64GB, PB 32GB LTE
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

Do these posts get examined by Blackberry truly?  Just want to make sure.

Issues:

1) MAJOR ISSUE: Meetings set using Microsoft Lync do not get picked up as a meeting with  "Join" option.  It did when I first got my Z10 (first OS version for Canada), but didn't work properly at that time.  It picked up the phone number, but not the code.  Looks like it was changed to not show "Join" at all.  Please add support for MS Lync meetings.  If you would like an example, contact me with the email you have for me, or tweet me at: @bizdudePB

2) MINOR: When connected via Bluetooth to my Jambox, I try to control the volume from my phone but it shows the volume "locked" symbol.  Maybe I am not seeing an option to change this?  On my 9810 (or 9900) I was able to control the volume from my phone controls.

3) MODERATE: Is it possible to pickup address and phone info from Websites?  It does on the search results (e.g. with Google), but not when I am in a store's Website.  I was trying in Google "San Diego Best Buy".  Compare PC Chrome browser results to Z10 Web.  On the Google search result, the addresses are dropped, but the phone number is there and dialable (Great!!).  Having Address go to maps app would be good.   Then, if I click to go to a Best Buy Web page (Store 352), the address and phone number show at the top of the page, but are not like a "link" that I can press to dial or bring up the address in maps.

4) FEATURE:  I love the idea of the separate personal and corporate profile.  I would like to have multiple profiles (say 3 or 4).  I have my corporate profile for work, but I also have a personal one for me and my hobbies, but I also would like one for my volunteer work, and for my work in my industry (but outside my job).

I have my corporate email address, and I manage our corporate twitter, facebook, and LinkedIn accounts, then there is my personal but work related profile, where I have a blog, gmail and yahoo email, my personal LinkedIn, and twitter.  Then there's my volunteer jobs, where I have an email and facebook for two different organizations.

It would be possible maybe to support this by allowing multiple twitter, facebook, linkedIn accounts in the Hub, and having a way to group them, so that I could have Personal, Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2 groups, and when I select one, I get the accounts selected that one group.

5) CRAZY FEATURE: Here's a Pie int he sky feature.  Would it be posslbe to have it so that BB10 devices could be aware of each other (proximity maybe NFC?), such that you can combine the power of the two devices.  Say you could link more than one Z10 as a hotspot in a bad reception area and increase the data throughput.  I have been in conference centers in basements of hotels where having to do demos with spotty reception.  This would be great when Playbooks also have BB10 OS, as many PB owners likely have BB devices (and hopefully BB10!).

Another crazy thing might be pairing the PB and your BB10 phone on the same conference call, where your PB is displaying a screen share, but the voice path is on the phone.

I also believe that the BB10 (QNX) OS is able to do distributed processing at the OS level.  Could this open up options like:

1) Ability to be on the same video conference, but the video feed is from the playbook setup at the far end of the table, or viewing the whiteboard, while the phone is on the same call, but in the middle of the conference table where people are talking?

2) Allow my RDP app to run faster / refresh faster by using the Playbook LTE as well as my Z10 LTE data path?

Developer
My Device: PlayBook / Z10 LE
My Carrier: PLUS GSM

@

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I was using bold 5 earlier and Have bought Z10 only a couple of days ago, after switching my device (which took over 3 hours via Blackberry Link) I have noticed the following bugs:

1) When a search is initiated using Universal search on the home screen, there are several results displayed (in groups). The 1st group is 'Contacts' and below that is 'Text Messages'. From the results (which should be date-wise) in the text message, When one of the older messages (imported from the old phone) is selected, the screen turns blank. (Am I the only one experiencing it ???)

2) In the 'Call log' screen, it takes about 8-15 secs to generate the list of all calls when I switch from Missed to All.

3) Also, can anyone suggest me an easy way to text someone right after I have finished having conversation with him?

Right now, the way I have discovered that in order to text someone from the call list, I can touch and hold the name/number of the person until the menu from left slides, then touch the first icon ( i within a circle - (view call details)) and then to touch the Text button which is on the bottom side of the window. Here the problem is that if the contact has multiple numbers, then there are just multiple 'text' buttons. I cannot understand which button is assigned to which number, which ofcourse confuses me and I have to go back and then search the contact again, and then select the number to which I have to text, which in turn brings me to a new problem mentioned below. 

Also, the call log does not show the number of the caller. This also makes life difficult, especially in cases when the contact have more than 1 number and I have to send text to a particular number. Because I can't see the number after I finish the call, I would not know which number to chose while sending the text, which is even more difficult because the  'text' button inside the <view call details> does not display the number.

And of course, there is this old problem of not being able to see the previous messages which helps A LOT while composing the message.

Contributor

Another Feature Idea.

I travel alot, and am VERY happy to have BB travel back.  I was wondering if there's a way that, if I have booked a meeting (or meetings) in the destination city, and they are in my calendar with the address...  When I book my flight, could it scan the calendar, and see these addresses, and know that I haven't booked my stay, that it suggests hotels close to my meeting?  If more than one, then maybe let me choose which address I would prefer to be close to?  Might be need, and would save me some time.

Contributor

Poor swipe when using Z10 as remote for Playbook (LTE).

One the Z10's remote control playbook rectangle, i am finding that doing the side bezel swipe to switch applications on the playbook is finicky.  Maybe the black bezel border that mimicks the playbook bezel needs to be thicker (seems to be room).  It seems that I move the cursor mostly when I try to left or right swipe to switch apps (particularly on the left side of the rectangle).  If I accurately am touching the black bezel border, and hold for a second, then the swipe works, otherwise I mostly move the cursor.

I would like the bezel swipe to be as fast as on the playbook itself without the pause.

Contributor

I forgot another suggestion, if its hard to detect bezel side swipes on the Z10's image of the Playbook (in the bridge remote control feature), then could there be buttons around the playbook image that would execute the swipe? That way you would press the button instead of trying to get the swipe to work.
Contributor
My Device: Priv , Z30

try downloading HUB+ from BB World
Contributor

Just tap the middle bar when getting a call. It will mute the ringtone. Swipe up only if you want to disconnect
Contributor

ust tap the middle bar when getting a call. It will mute the ringtone. Swipe up only if you want to disconnect
Contributor

Do you mean Hub++?

Seems to have some issues with it.