Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry OS 10 Camera Time snap

Just had my Z10 on a trip which gave me a chance to test things that i had not yet had an opportunity to.

Issues:

On the flight I switched to airplane mode.  Wifi was free for BB users.  I did not realize it, but every email account i had had the password removed from it.  I had to readd them in flight, and again when i landed.  My gmail account would not even let me add it mid-flight as it assumed i was a hacker.

When i tried to use BB Maps to find a house in a development that is more than 25 years old, the BB could not find the address.  When i switched to google maps via browser - which of course does not have voice control - it pointed me to a wrong place.  Same address in Google maps on a laptop hits it spot on.

Resolution of the camera seems poor to me.

Phone does not have the clarity of the Torch.

Why does is my Yahoo IM username stored in the Yahoo Messenger IM "Settings"  "Accounts"  When i do not ask IM to save my username and password?

GPS would drop out occassionally.

Finally, When i am viewing a map, i don't care if the screen goes dark, but when i bring it back up it should still be on the map as opposed to going to the home page.  Not good to be folling around with that when driving.   

Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Feature Requests for BlackBerry10 OS

These are not feature requests.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Koodoo

What happened to the green flashing light to show service!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Just so i understand - if a button or app exists, regardless of its non-functioning or poor functioning nature - it is already a "feature" and therefore we cannot comment on it to suggest a working "feature"? 

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Use your best judgement. I've heard some user somehow found the release date for his wishlist for Blackberry Q10 apps.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

bbwoz wrote:

Just so i understand - if a button or app exists, regardless of its non-functioning or poor functioning nature - it is already a "feature" and therefore we cannot comment on it to suggest a working "feature"? 

we are BlackBerry users, gathered on a forum. The topic of this discussion is "feature requests", meaning missing features.

If a feature does not work as expected, it is not a missing feature, it is indeed either a request for bugfix or a request for enhancement.

I think those should not be in the current discussion.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

burgerpimp wrote:

What happened to the green flashing light to show service!!!!!

It's not in the current OS.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

The new z10 other than these missings / bugs there is also the microphone bug. It just started and nobody could hear no matter if i called or was called. The mic was put on mute automatically by the operating system. I could only speak on speakerphone or handsfree kit.

Strange the mic (hardware) was working just fine it was software problem.

As strange as it sounds, i did numerous reboots, security wipe, pull the battery reset and full software reinstall. Neither of it fixed the issue. My gsm dealer said didn't hear about this problem and it makes no sense.

I fixed the issue by squeezing in the left and the right side of the microphone Smiley Happy)) then worked without problems like new.

I wonder if anyone from RIM is reading these posts. If yes i would like to know just for my piece of mind that they know and plan to fix all these issues because i love blackberry and want it to be rock solid without such problems.
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

CRITICAL: Text from Phone: Calls Tab - Wrong Recipient:  

Select a contact from Calls tab (e.g. Joe).  Touch and hold, select Info.  Select Text option.  Brings up wrong contact (e.g. Bob).

Situation: Bob and Joe have the same work number.

Outcome: Text will not go through as work number is now selected.  No option to switch numbers, plus it's the wrong contact anyway.

Contributor
My Device: zed10
My Carrier: bell

jbkdogmeat wrote:

CRITICAL: Text from Phone: Calls Tab - Wrong Recipient:  

Select a contact from Calls tab (e.g. Joe).  Touch and hold, select Info.  Select Text option.  Brings up wrong contact (e.g. Bob).

Situation: Bob and Joe have the same work number.

Outcome: Text will not go through as work number is now selected.  No option to switch numbers, plus it's the wrong contact anyway.

I tried it and it i don't have a problem with it... correct contact info was pulled up, when it went through to the text screen, provided i selected the correct number to send a text to, everything was good.