02-26-2013 11:57 AM
I touch on the caller ID band and swipe it up to ignore or pull it down to answer. I haven't had any issues with it. Volume keys don't silence it for me either.
Yep, just grab that grey band and flick it either up (ignore) or down (answer.) Tapping either volume button or tapping the grey caller ID bar silences the phone for me.
I imagine that they didn't make answer/ignore a simple button press so that your pocket doesn't answer the phone for you.
02-27-2013 09:36 AM
Few bugs I noticed on my Z10.
1. when rotating, you have to have the z10 vertical so the rotation works, and there is not up-down rotation.
2. when i am at a long call (+20min) when I hang up, the signal goes nill and start searching for a network again.
3. when switching from wifi to 3g, the bbm does not work even though the internet is working, it needs either to switch on and off the airplane mode or a reboot.
4. I had the the phone gets stuck when switching on/off from pilot mode, or even sometimes when visiting the sittings, ends up when I reboot.
03-01-2013 12:27 PM
Not being able to turn the camera sound off is a feature in my case. We have sensitive documents in the office and I appreciate the lack of discretion. That being said, I think that it would be great if that was a feature limitied to and controlable by enterprise admins.
03-02-2013 04:35 PM - edited 03-02-2013 04:36 PM
- two swipes needed to unlock the phone when inside the hub and inside a message (email/text)
- universal search does not save search history even though it is set to ON
- browser doesn't actually clear history when set to automatically clear. I have it set to 1 day and my history is always there
- sound notifications are too quiet to hear when listening to music on headphones (music volume is set to max). I've had to edit my notifications by importing onto my PC and using software to amplify the volume.
- sort emails/hub by filtered date, name, flagged, etc.
03-03-2013 06:39 PM
Every now and then my Z10 will decide to not to send an e-mail message and puts a red unsent icon next to the e-mail. Trying to resend doesn't do the trick. I have perfect reception and keep retrying Resend at regular intervals - no luck.
I check the e-mail header and it says:
"Message Status: Protocol layer was unable to send a message"
I never had this issue with my BB 9900 before. That doesn't seem to be a particular pattern to these e-mails. This has happened on fresh e-mails, as well as replies or forwards.
This bug is driving me crazy - I had one e-mail that I really needed to be sent, but it just wouldn't!
03-03-2013 06:39 PM - edited 03-03-2013 06:41 PM
When you try and call through a linked phone number in an email the phone sometimes dials out without the ability of getting you to the dial pad to end calls. Super frustrating as you have to reboot to end a call. This is no constant but seems to happen frequently when I hit someones number from outlook.
This has happened to me several times. Very annoying indeed.