Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

[ Edited ]

Re: #32

we know, we know, the old a phone cam has to make a noise so that we can't take pictures where we aren't supposed to theory. how does that work with video though? I can take a completely silent video with the Z10.....

I wud suggest that this archaic theory be laid to rest and the camera sound can be locked on by enterprise mgmt. - but otherwise a personal phone should not have this locked on.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

this can be turned off on other phones and SLR Cameras, privacy has nothing to do with it

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: orange

was he phone released full of bugs ,  did BB have milions on the shelf are close to going bust and need to sort out cash flow?  they need to fix all the  bugs very very quickly, days or weeks or they probaby wont be around when my contract ends. i basicaly like the z10 but it has so many little niggles issues

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes learning new things can be an 'issue' for some Smiley Wink

There are a few bugs of course.. it is a ver 1.0 OS, but the improvements are such a paradigm shift for them and so much better than their old phones that once you learn the 'new ways' that you will enjoy the phone instead of griping about it.

As they are currently unable to keep up with demand for production, and that is before the us launch. I think they'll be around for a while. Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

bovril-xm655 wrote:

was he phone released full of bugs ,  did BB have milions on the shelf are close to going bust and need to sort out cash flow?  they need to fix all the  bugs very very quickly, days or weeks or they probaby wont be around when my contract ends. i basicaly like the z10 but it has so many little niggles issues

Totally agree with this. BB - could you really afford to release a phone full of bugs - not when it mattered most!

2 other bugs:

1.  Why can't we paste the clipboard into the Dial Pad any more? If I pick up a phone number from the browser and want to copy-paste it into the Dial Pad, then I can't! And don't tell me that instead I just have to click on the number to call, because BB doesn't always identify phone numbers as phone numbers.

2.  Quite often I will highlight text, cut it and then when I want to paste it, it will paste some different text that I had copied way before! This has driven me nuts several times, especially if the text you cut is no longer there and you just lost a lot of text that you typed!

nbz
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

drewread wrote:
There are a few bugs of course.. it is a ver 1.0 OS . . .
 . .

What he said.

Contributor
My Carrier: VF

But 2 year time for fixing !

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

If you think any of what we have now is the same as 2 years ago... Smiley Wink things change in 2 years.

That said, everyone uses their devices differently, every day on this forum somebody points out a feature or method of doing things that I never ever thought of.. some of them I now use every day. To think they could have had thought of everything and had it all here on day one is a bit of a dream.

A little patience and some good user feedback will have these rocking like no other mobile device ever has...
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Carrier: VF

You get me not right ...

i mean more, that BBRY had enough time left for fixing an existing OS.

So between 2 years it is not so much difficult to sort out Software error´s / bugs.

At this point, where can we custoemrs sent feedback to BBRY?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

drewread wrote:

That said, everyone uses their devices differently, every day on this forum somebody points out a feature or method of doing things that I never ever thought of.. some of them I now use every day. To think they could have had thought of everything and had it all here on day one is a bit of a dream.

A little patience and some good user feedback will have these rocking like no other mobile device ever has...

@drewread - most of the issues I have listed are not simply my annoyances about things being different from old blackberries, but actual bugs. 90% of my e-mails don't send and get stuck in my Outbox - that's a bug, not a differnt way of doing things. I hit Copy text, but it won't actually copy - that's a bug, like many others.

I have been a loyal BlackBerry user for over 5 years, and it really disheartens me to see a flagship phone with so many bugs. There is a way to minimise bugs - testing, something obvsiouly BB hasn't done enough of, or not rigirous enough. In the fast moving world of technology, patience runs very thin. I have had my Z10 for 2 months nearly now, and most of the bugs are still there. So BB expects us to wait for a year before they fix these bugs??? That is asking too much even of loyal BB customer base. By the time they fix all the bugs the phone will be obselete anyway.

They should have done this properly. Nobody expects a bug free phone, but this many is not acceptable, especially when they took so long to come up with this and when it had so much riding on this OS!