Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

calendar and contacts not syncing

My calendar and contacts are no longer syncing with my PC.  I have re-installed BlackBerry link and also re-booted the phone but I'm getting a message that it "failed to commit changes to device".  Does anyone know what that means and how I can fix it?

Many thanks in advance

Nena

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: calendar and contacts not syncing

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You posted to the BB10 Z10 forum, yet list in your forum profile "Torch 9800" as your device, and ask a question about BB Link. Please clarify your situation so that we can properly understand. For example, if indeed you do have a 9800, then you should not even be using Link.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Nena,

My Z10 did the same last week and I ended up nearly pulling my hair out, I had just done an update on both the phone and the link software so couldn't find out exactly what was causing the problem but did work around it.

What I believe it to be was the sync relationships with the contacts that had images and linked accounts so in the end what I did was to decide which was most up to date Outlook or the Phone. I backed up both the phone and the outlook PST file, made a new blank pst file and set up a new relationship through link  to that file which copied all the phones contact and calendar data to that file, checked that against the one that had previously been the master pst file and checked if I could sync new and changed data between the phone and the new PST file. In my case I then deleted the data from my old PST file and copied the data that worked from the new file and reset the sync relationships, all have been working OK since.

John

Contributor

I think you're right, John; I suspect there are some conflicts between my Outlook files and BlackBerry.  I also find that BlaBerry Link does not launch autonatically when I connect my phone anymore.   I seen to have a few extraneous accounts on my Z10 that I can't get rid of too.  With my Torch, I used to be able to sync from hom to my office pc, running two separate diaries, but I can't seem to do it now.  Any ideas?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Good question, if I wanted to do that quickly today i would setup a gmail or outlook.com account on one of the machines and allow that one to sync the calander over the internet to the Z10 using activsync.

I might have a play later with connecting to 2 pc's via usb and see what happens.

J

Contributor

That sounds intereseting.  I've not really explored outlook.com.  Thank you for that idea.  Of course, I'd be interested to hear if you come up with anything else.

I appreciatre your interest.

Nena