Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z 10 STL100-1
My Carrier: reliance

camera isnt working

hi

my blackberry z 10 camera isnt working.on trning it on,it shows a message 'camera cant be started'

i havent upgraded my OS and its still not working

please help me out

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: camera isnt working

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB35371 After updating the device software from version 10.1 to version 10.2.0 on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone, "Camera cannot be initiated" error message is displayed when opening the Camera app.

Good luck and let us know!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

hi

i havent updated to the newer version...still i am facing the camera problems...i have tried rebooting it but with no success

i think the only alternative left with me is to go to a agent and get it replaced under warranty

Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-1
My Carrier: airtel

Hi,
Try hard rebooting the device once. as per my understanding, if some other application is holding the camera permission, it stalls the camera main app from responding. Ideally I would go into my app manager and remove camera permission given to any other application.
New Contributor

does rebooting mean wiping out all data??

i did that but with no success

what actually happens is that the camera will work for the first time i open it up...on closing the camera and opening it again it shows that 'the camera cant be started'.

same thing happens on restarting the mobile...it works for one time and dsplays error later

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

geetesh wrote:

does rebooting mean wiping out all data??

i did that but with no success

what actually happens is that the camera will work for the first time i open it up...on closing the camera and opening it again it shows that 'the camera cant be started'.

same thing happens on restarting the mobile...it works for one time and dsplays error later

Rebooting doesn't delete anything.

Backup with Link then do a factory reset, check if the camera works, restore and check again. May be an app causing the problem.

Install Blackberry Virtual Expert from Blackberry World.