Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

can't locate bb10 native music player app.. HELP!

Ever since the last OS update to 10.2.0.424... the BlackBerry native music player app has completely vanished from my Z10. It used to be in my media folder and now it is nowhere to be found!

Does anyone know where I can find it? Is the icon just hidden or something? Or do I have to re-install it??

Help!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: can't locate bb10 native music player app.. HELP!

Did you try  using "Search"

Contributor

Yes, I tried search several times. The music app is nowhere to be found on my Z10. It has disappeared ever since the last OS update. Any other suggestions?
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

RandyB123 wrote:
Yes, I tried search several times. The music app is nowhere to be found on my Z10. It has disappeared ever since the last OS update. Any other suggestions?

If you have not done so yet I would try a battery pull while the phone is on, otherwise you might have to re-install the update all over

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: OEM

Official Version or Leaked Version?

Contributor

Official version
Contributor

I tried a battery pull and still no music app. How do I re-install the update?
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

after I did the Update, my music player was still there but all my music would not play on it. I decided not to spend my precious time trying to figure it out and I bought an app thru Blackberry World called Nuetron Player. It was only $4.99 and it is sick! Love the sound. It has so much more range when plugged into speakers or my car, or if I have headphones on. I'm not worried about the old music player. I can't delete it, but I put it way on my last page of apps I never use.

Contributor

I was looking at Nuetron Player the other day... I think that's what I'll do too because the BlackBerry native music player wasn't that great anyway (I actually liked the native music app on my old Torch 9810 better!) Thanks for your feedback!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Good luck with the Nuetron Player,  not being able to find the Native Player might suggest other problems.

If you continue to have issues consider Restore.

You can restore your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html