Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

can't update my device software

Dear,

I have BB Z10 and i can't update software version by any method of 3 methods you provide ! first method to update through BlackBerry Link don't work with me as i can't find  " install update " button on the application . Second update from the web don't work with me too as it show me error on " 15% " done ! . last way to update through device require Wifi connection and I don't have one but i have data-plan which can cover the update size but the device can't download without wifi .  so plz can you help me solving this problem  and i hope you will permit  big-size downloads through data plan withoud need of Wifi  in the future Smiley Happy thank you

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: can't update my device software

Hi mbeshir94,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Can you please clarify what you mean by being unable to find the install update button in BlackBerry Link? Are you notified in BlackBerry Link that you have an update available? If you do see a notification, what options do you see listed in BlackBerry Link to install it? Can you please check and verify that you have selected your BlackBerry smartphone in BlackBerry Link by clicking on it as shown here? http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53140/lym1343929283322.jsp

Could you please provide the full error message you receive when your update via the web stops at 15%? Do you have a strong internet connection when this occurs?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

mev
My Device: Z10 smartphone
My Carrier: MTN

hi,

I believe i am having similar, if not the same issues updating my OS. I have searched my BLackberry Link thoroughly and cannot find any button that mentions the word update. I know there is an update available as I recieve messages telling me to update. however I am not able to connect to a wifi network. I also have similar issues with updating online, the upate fails at 15% everytime stating that it has lost connection to the internet and i must verify my internet and try again later. During this whole proccess my internet has been working fine and strong, thus i am completely at a lost here, please help.

-mev

New Contributor

Dear mev
First thanks for replying Smiley Happy , I have notified in the device that update is available but not in BlackBerry link, and about the online update it shows error says that i have an connecrion error however i have an strong connection and it works fine! please help Smiley Happy thanks.
New Contributor

Sorry for "Wrong Mention"

Thanks FrankieS Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Same here.  Win 8, BB Link 1.1.1.32.  Z10 device detected, PW entered.  I can sync all items and view files in explorer on device.  Notice on BB that new OS avail from Bell (I do not have wi-fi).  In BB link "Automatically download updates for your device software and Blackberry Link" is checked.  Settings (gear) page for device shows links to Backup (works), Restore and Remove device.  There is no notice to install new software and no icon on the left where screenshots on the web say it should be.  No event logs show an error.  Just does not work even with elevated admin rights.  Been plugged in for 2 days now.   There are no files over 100 MB on the computer in the past week indicating that BB link has actually downloaded anything and it is pending.

Is there an option to manually download the software and make it available to the BB link to install?  We also want to use the BB Link to pre upgrade the OS before giving devices to users and activating them on the BDS server.

I have the local Firewall and network Firewall not showing any blocks.  On the BB Link main screen created a log file on the desktop.   In the zip the Desktop.log shows the following:

11:25:38.222|DEBUG|70|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[Rim:Smiley Very Happyesktop:Smiley Frustratedervices:Smiley Very Happyevice::AppLoader::LoaderClient::HandleLoaderErrorSmiley TongueIN:0x(hidden)] Failed invoking LoaderClient's method - result "4016".
11:25:38.222|DEBUG|70|Rim.Desktop.Services.Device|0|[Rim:Smiley Very Happyesktop:Smiley Frustratedervices:Smiley Very Happyevice::AppLoader::LoaderClient::HandleLoaderError] Error description: An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.
11:25:38.222|DEBUG|70|Rim.Desktop.SoftwareUpdates|0|[DeviceSoftwareManagerModel.Update]: Error: An error has occurred while downloading software for your device.  Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.
11:25:38.222|DEBUG|70|Rim.Desktop.SoftwareUpdates|0|Pre-downloading device software update finished. Result: False
11:25:38.223|DEBUG|70|Rim.Desktop.SoftwareUpdates|0|Unregister update pre-download operation
11:25:38.223|ERROR|70|Rim.Desktop.SoftwareUpdates|0|Failed to download device software update 

Regular Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: BSNL

u could try the third option

New Contributor

The issue with the third option is I cannot find a download location.  Blackberry/Bell only list the older devices.  https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=6C3CF77D52820CD0FE646D38BC2145CA

Highlighted
New Contributor

Update:  Well it seems like there is a major delay between the time I get the notice on my phone that a new OS is available and the time it arrives in the BB Link.  Been checking everyday and today it is available on BB Link.  So I guess waiting a month is the option.  Thanks.