Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: O2

cannot connect to Exchange via Activesync

[ Edited ]

we are seeing message "your log in information for account (XXXX@YYYY.co.uk) has changed or is incorrect. Update your log in information and try again"

we have used a Windows Smartphone belonging to a colleagues in the office, the Blackberry z10 simulator (Downloaded from Blackberry website) and the Exchange active sync test web site testexchangeconnectivity.com

to check connectivity and all 3 connected to the server without any problem using login details.

I have had an IT professional on it for over a week now. The server is a completely new install (commissioned last week) running Exchage 2011 on SBS 2008. Its the same guy that set up Exchange and the entire network / firewall thats dealing with the phone issue and he is completely stumped. We have reached a complete impasse............. am seriously considering just going to the nearest hight street and handing over a fist full of cash for a new iPhone as this is simply costing far too much money not to mention time.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: cannot connect to Exchange via Activesync

Hey Johnh0,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please review the following article that provides a resolution to the issue you are having with your ActiveSync account:

Blackberry 10 smartphone keeps prompting for Active Directory Credentials

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33558

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your input but the article you suggest describes something similar but not the same as the problem we experience.  The article describes a fix where "After activation, the device challenges the user for credentials continuously". We have not been able to successfully "activate" the device at all - I've seen the postings where users are   asked to input password credentials  over and over again and that is not what's happening in our instance -  we need to be wary about wasting time and effort on solutions that are in fact aimed at resolving other issues but thank you for the comment.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

One other thing - we would do a full security wipe on this device but for some unexplained reason BB LINK will not allow us to run a full backup. I've since seen a whole load of comment on this problem which is really quite worrying   as to create a simple image of the various data bases should be really quite straight forward...... Its making me think that this OS maybe is not quite mature yet. We've all seen lots of software like that and its best avoided............

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hey Johnh0,

We would like to gather device event logs to determine the root cause, we would request that you contact your wireless service provider to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!