Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: z10 and q10
My Carrier: videocon
Accepted Solution

contact background color

my friend's (z10) bckgrnd of contacts is black withouy using any additional app while I had white bckgrnd why??can I also change the bckgrnd of contacts??
Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: contact background color

It sounds like your friend is using the leaked beta software - one of the OS 10.2 versions.  The ability to change between a light and dark theme in certain applications is expected to be available in the OS update that should be available soon (depending upon your carrier).

Trusted Contributor

we both were using the same os 10.2 bt i will work more on it.
Super Contributor

If you're on the same OS version, you just need to activate the dark them.  It's an option, not the default.  Go to setting in each of Contacts, Calendar, BBM, Text messages.  You can toggle the theme there.  Note that using the dark theme on the Z10 may reduce your battery life somewhat.  (The dark theme was created for the S-OLED screens on the Q10 and Z30 -- on those, the dark theme increases battery life.)

Trusted Contributor

oh thanks for informing but still I dont find the option to dark in settings of contacts as well as calendar!!
Trusted Contributor

can u plz help me further!!
Super Contributor

chinmay29 wrote:
oh thanks for informing but still I dont find the option to dark in settings of contacts as well as calendar!!

Open Contacts, swipe down from the top of the screen and select settings.  The choice of "Default Thene" is at the top.  See this image.

IMG_00000569.png

Trusted Contributor

how can I attach the image in comment!! in my settings option of contacts there is no such option available there only sort by/show accnt in contct list/search for contact detail cloud servce/s card import contacts copy contacts only these options were there
Super Contributor

chinmay29 wrote:
how can I attach the image in comment!! in my settings option of contacts there is no such option available there only sort by/show accnt in contct list/search for contact detail cloud servce/s card import contacts copy contacts only these options were there

If you don't see the option, that would indicate that your friend is on one version of OS 10.2 and you are on an earlier one from before the dark theme was available.  You can check your exact OS version by going to Settings > About from the home screen, then compare with your friend.  I'm running the beta 10.2.0.1761 version on my second device - that's where my screen cap came from.

As for adding a pic to a post - when in the Rich Text view for posting from a PC, click on the button that looks like a tree.  That will prompt you through adding a pic.  I don't think you can add a pic while posting from your device.

Trusted Contributor

my os version is 10.2.0.1371