Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

ksr
New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tmobile

cracked screen

I am shocked that a barely cracked screen renders the touch screen inoperable. I had the misfortune last night of someone elses keys falling in my TSA tray at Ohare - and didn't realize that they cracked my screen. Small but now it doesn't work AT ALL. I have the blackberry screen protector, as well as the hard case. Small puncture apparently from keys falling in the tray from 2 feet up. REALLY???? BB?

I went to Tmobile - and I have the insurance but it's $150 deductible and I need my phone fixed before this weekend when I have yet another business trip. I'm really wondering about this new generation. I never had any problems with my 9810, 9300 which bounced frequently and always were functional....

Is there some way to work around the screen not functioning. Interesting - my blue tooth still works with my car. Hands free...no touch needed. Any other emergency tips to answer calls when I'm not in my car?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: cracked screen

No practical way, no.

A replacement screen is around the price of your deductible so I would go for the insurance.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.