Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: blacberry torch
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: data cost

ok I see we are getting somewhere.  My question is simple, I have the data plan with BB and its include BB international, in both cases unlimited data plan for BB services ( email, BBM ).  Now on the Z 10 when I use just the features that I use on the torch , additional data charges appears.  In other words the BB data is not recognize as BB data but as extra data when used on the Z10.  At the beginning they told me because some of the applications were opened and so I closed all except email included in my data plan.  It seems that on the Z10 the data is not differentiated between what belongs to the BB data and the other data ( facebook, gps, browser internet..).  Now when I asked again to the operator they told me that this is the main problem they have with customers like me that use the Z10 as a BB unit and get continuous new charges for a service we pay already but that the programming of the phone does not differentiate.  Now maybe according to the distinction in the compression of the data there are no way to differentiate both data activities.  So my question is there a way on the Z10 to set it up that finally the BB stay BB function and data and are understood as BB data. On my side since I use my torch back I send and receive email, without the extra data charges.  This let me think that actually the problem is within the settings of the Z10 and or in its software or firmware. So I switch my sim card from one phone to the other depending if I am home or traveling, which is not the most convenient way to go.  So Maybe someone has an idea for the solution or has the solution.

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: data cost

That's not a simple question if you have to write 300+ words to ask it Smiley Wink

On the Z10, there is NO difference between "BlackBerry Data" and "other data". On the Z10, it is simply "data".

Phone calls and SMS is not data. Everything else is data.

You are confusing how your former BlackBerry functioned with BIS data , and how the Z10 now operates with generic data. Two different devices, two different data plans, two different operations.

pdnirc wrote:

So my question is there a way on the Z10 to set it up that finally the BB stay BB function and data and are understood as BB data.

I don't understand that question. Perhaps there is a small language or translation issue here, and for that I apologize, and I am trying to understand what you are asking.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code