Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

data usage for the new BlackBerry

I upgraded from the torch to the z10. I was asked by the Bell sales associate why bb. I told him because it's different, Canadian, and I liked the data compression! Well there is no data compression. I've been paying overage charges every month and this last month monitored my usage. I'm barely using the z10 and I've burned through half my data allowance in a couple of weeks! I'm very disappointed and wondering what BlackBerry can do for me and the rest of is dealing with this issue!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: data usage for the new BlackBerry

It is commonly known that BB10 doesn't use data compression anymore. It is like any other mobile device data plan. That is both good and bad. The BIS outages were really bad press and made people hate BB. The data compression saved people money on their phone plans, though. In the end it was a business decision to move away from BIS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I answered your same question this morning.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/data-usage/m-p/2832714

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's OK. Just ups my post count!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

So glad it's commonly known and your post count is higher! Geek
Guru II

It should be especially commonly known to you since you had already asked and gotten an answer.

Guru II

You're welcome for the detailed answer.

New Contributor

Great. Super geek to the rescue!
Guru II

You really find it necessary to name-call? Go troll another forum.

New Contributor

Yes, I do! I feel cheated and your smug comments aren't helpful! So ya I'll go troll another forum, because that's what I do with my time, and you keep worrying about your post counts! Looser