Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Smartphone 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

duplicate contacts

When doing a sync I have duplicate contacts, how to I easily delete duplicates?

Ron Hackett
Real Estate Consultant
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: duplicate contacts

Hi Ron,

Are you using Gmail to synchronize your contacts with your BlackBerry Z10? If so, see if this article helps:

KB34047 - Duplicate Gmail Contacts appear on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

In response to the duplicate contacts, I am not using gmail to sync contacts. I am making my phone as primary until balckberry updates with a sync between outlook and Z10 using Blackberry Link. I keep deleting duplicates and they keep coming back. I have no contacts in gmail nor yahoo. Why is it creating the same category of contacts.

Ron Hackett
Real Estate Consultant
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

[ Edited ]

rhackett, you are not providing accurate and clear information, which is necessary for people to assist you. Terms like "making my phone primary" and "creating the same category of contacts" are not clear.

I stumbled upon this thread because I had duplicate contacts - but that was via the google carddav sync.

Precisely, which accounts do you have setup on the Z10 and what type of accounts are they (EAS, IMAP, CARDDAV, etc)? Which accounts have contacts in them? Are you manually entering contacts and/or syncing any contacts? Do you have contacts stored in your SIM? If so, were they manually entered or transferred via another method? If you provide explicit information, I'm confident that others will be able to help you. If duplicates keep coming back, they are being pulled from somewhere.

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply and your point is valid:

I do have contacts on my SIm card they were transferred from device to SIM Card , I have facebook, twitter, LinkedIn and Evernote and and email account . The contacts were initially transferred via backup plus contacts from Verizon

Ron Hackett
Real Estate Consultant