Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

e-mailing pictures... or not

It's not easy to connect to the work PC, so I usually e-mail pictures to myself.  The Curve used to do that easily.  The Z10? Not so much.

After taking a picture, I'd like to e-mail it to myself.  Click share, select my own e-mail address from the pop-up, and the e-mail client opens up.... but my name's not there.  There's a tiny header just below the "To:" but my e-mail isn't there either - just my bosses and another coworker's.  I have to start typing my name to get the contact to show up in the pick-list before I can pick my own e-mail and select it into the "To:" address bar.

Frustrating, but I can live iwth it.

Now, select "Subject."  Keyboard slides up but no cursor.  Select subject again.   No cursor.  Select from 3-30 more times before cursor finally appears.  On rare occasions, keyboard comes up with cursor in proper place, but that's only every 10 or 20 pictures or so.

More frustrating.  Can't live with this.

Anybody have any clues?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: e-mailing pictures... or not

Maybe your phone just needs a little kick. First off, DON'T KICK IT! Let's just restart it and see if that helps. So press and hold your power button until you see Restart. When that appears, press the Restart button and wait until your phone has rebooted. Now have a look and see if the issue persists.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

P.S. Sometimes giving your phone an actual kick does the trick but if any damage comes from it, you didn't hear that solution from me.  Smiley Tongue

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Telus

Re: e-mailing pictures... or not

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm afraid my default behaviour after about 3 minutes of bad behaviour is to restart the phone anyway, so I've restarted it quite a number of times, adn  the behaviour is still pretty much as described.   I'd call this problem intermittent, so I can't identify if the restarting helps for a short while or not, because usually I'm onto the next task and I don't get back to trying to send pictures again for an hour or more. 

It seems if one wants to learn to use this thing effectively, one has to be scientific about it - try one thing, record result, change 1 parameter only, record result etc. - and neither my job nor my attention span permit that.