Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

email problems

Does anybody know how to change the email settings on the z10 so that it saves all emails to the phone. Currently it only saves the last email sent.  Thanks 

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: email problems

It won't save 'all', only the last 30 days of email as synced to your email server.

If you delete an email from your server, it will be deleted from the z10, and same in reverse.

So currently, even with this last 30days, you are only seeing ONLY the last email sent?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

It picks and chooses which email to save. It will display the last email sent for a couple of hours or until the next email comes. I recieve about 20 emails a day none of which are anywhere to be found on the device 

Is your email being read or downloaded anywhere else, like on a PC, downloaded to Outlook?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Visitor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I'm having the same problem. Not getting all emails in my inbox and sent mail. Some missing. And I do also sync up via outlook on my pc. Help.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800

Likewise, I have been trying to sort this out. It seems to have a mind of its own working with my imap and pop accounts.

There must be formula one could possibly work around if anyone from BB even bothers to read this and could tell us what it is.

With that said I've already been told I don't understand Pop and Imap by the locals. That is not what we are all trying to figure out.

Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

If you are using POP on outlook it will (a) mark the emails read on the server when it downloads them and (b) delete the emails from the server at an interval set in your advanced outlook account settings.

I you are on IMAP on the Z10, this will (a) mark items read on the Z10 whether or not you've read then anywhere (it is reflecting the 'read' set by outlook on the server, and (b) will delete the messages from the Z10 as they are deleted on the server by outlook.

Outlook delete settings can be 'on download' or after X number of days.

Solution is to use IMAP on outlook as well for total synchronisation of all folders on outlook and the Z10.

Beware that right now a message deleted on the z10 is 'hard deleted' from the server a d gone for good. File the messages instead.

Takes some getting used to but the reconciliation of sent, flawed, read/unread items on all clients is amazing once it is setup. Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy

monkeno wrote:

With that said I've already been told I don't understand Pop and Imap by the locals. That is not what we are all trying to figure out.

You may not understand it,  but knowing that will help us help you. 

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800

So now being educated in I map and pop, it is still annoying that it doesn't appear to things consistently.

I have actually sorted out that it is more about timing. If I don't use another client or look at the server for 5 minutes or so then it all works. Everything happens instantly for the past 3 years and many devices so I am guessing it is the Z10s problem.

Explains the 30 limitation but hard to believe they don't have enough cpu to pull off a mail client.

Moneko, not having stated your issues in this thread, I don't know what your questions relate to, and if they're not ontopic to this thread, please feel free to start your own thread and don't hijacked this one please. 

Knowledge Base Updates