Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: vodafone

emails

i have a POP/SMTP email account called atul@atulaggarwal.in

every time I download emails on my laptop, the emails are removed from my handset- Z10.

is there a way to keep my emails from deleting from the handset..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: emails

atul69 wrote:

i have a POP/SMTP email account called atul@atulaggarwal.in

every time I download emails on my laptop, the emails are removed from my handset- Z10.

is there a way to keep my emails from deleting from the handset..

BB10, and the Z10 in this case use active sync to handle the email now, so any changes done to the server is reflected on the Z10 and the other way is also true.

One way of preventing the email from disappearing from the server is to setup the program on your laptop to leave a copy on the server, another way would be if you can change the server to either IMAP or fully active sync, for that check with your ISP if it can be done. 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor

Imap is too expensive for a user like me.
Hope blackberry upgrades to offer an option to save messages on handheld soon
Else an app should be able to save my messages in some folder or something.
Contributor
My Device: Priv , Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

Atul, 

Deviating from the topic........ Had a similar problem with my hosting provider charging for things like IMAP / Activesync etc. 

Simple Solution - switch to Bluehost.com for hosting .... they charge you a measly amount of $ 50-60 a year with all possible features and unlimited space for hosting.

Works brilliantly for me

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The answer you received from another user is excellent to resolve the issue from the normal way of working. The drawback is you will eventually have to manually clean out your email account, or use a second email account setup in your computer that is POP so you can do the cleanup.

A work around I use is to have have a remote Gmail or Hotmail account (I use Hotmail) that can IMAP the messages, or POP them without deleting them from the ISP server. Then have the same remote account set up on your Z10. This way as long as you leave the messages on your remote account they will remain on the phone.

With some invation in the setups of the remote account and the phone it is possible to set things up to have the return email address of your choice appear when composing messages.

So, now you can use the combination of the two methods together depending how you want to work. It is sort of confusing at first, but it will work great once you can get this all organized properly.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Contributor

lemme try and understand this...
I create a new email with say...gmail
then i put a forwarding command in my original id (atul@atul.....in) for the new one i created.
then i set up the new id on my z10 as well.
this way when i get the email on my new id it will stay there even after the server is cleaned out automatically...
this sounds ok to me.....

but one more thing... when i wanna reply then can i use my original id and yet have the messages displayed in the scroll...

Atul A