Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: rogers

Re: enough is enough!

Bud,,,, Rogers did help me. We (Rogers and i) tried pretty much everything they could do. And nothing fixed my issues. Which are hardware issues. The first update screwed up my pdf files, and the 2nd one (3 or 4 days ago) screwed up my jpegs. Now I can't view pics. How is this Rogers fault? I'm not following ya here buddy. Smiley Happy
Rogers helped me with tech support thru rim.. it was like a party call on my phone. I had 3 tecs and myself on the call. Still... nothing was resolved.
If someone has a link that will "fix" my phone, I'm all for trying. Like I said,, I didn't want to switch, however I need a phone that I can rely on...
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

pjbuddy wrote:
 I'm not following ya here buddy. Smiley Happy

I can see that.

You're not comprehending the difference. You need to ask Rogers to esclate the issue BlackBerry.

You will get an official Incident number to track the issue, and a phone number and will have the name and direct contact with a BlackBerry tech. Not just a conference call with someone. There is much difference.

I don't know why you're wanting to play the adversary here, I am trying to help you.

Rogers may have helped you. But they only went so far, and they -- only Rogers -- can get the official escalation.

If you come back with just more "Bud... blah blah", then good luck. I have tried to communicate what you need to do.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Ok... maybe I'm not explaining it properly. I did do all that bud. I did get an incident #, I did have a direct line with rim. I even escalate it to the supervisors. I dealt with rim over a course of 8 months in regards to my torch, and that's how I got the Z10. Compliments of rim. However, it doesn't work. Lol
I understand yer just trying to help, and I don't want to come across as a **bleep**, or someone who just wants to bitch. Are you aware of a site that will "fix" my phone, or at least update it so my pics an pdf files will open? Smiley Happy

No you didn't say all that earlier, and yes that is the way you are appearing here.

I don't know of any sites which can fix your Z10. Heck, other than being in Canada, I have no clue where you are.

If you wan't to fix it yourself, I would be able to guide you through that. You've said you've given BlackBerry their last chance, all the 'monkey' silliness, etc., and that you have an iPhone on enroute. So, I suppose you don't care to carry this further.

Or, am I misreading your post here, Bud?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No,, yer not misreading me here. I don't want to switch to apple, , I just want a phone that works man.. lol...but you say you can help me eh? cool! I would be super in debt to ya. ,Smiley Happy.
Email me at pjbuddy2002@hotmail.com an we can chat further..
Thanks!

I'd prefer to keep the convo here. All in one place.

Your the second user I've seen this on with PDFs and JPGs. I'm sure there are others.

Before proceeding further though, let me ask a couple things... where does your email come from, purely personal email,. or a corporate exchange account?

Your contacts and calendar, are they synced through an email account? Or reside totally "local" on the Z10?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Personal email. Comes from shaw (Internet provider) or hotmail. My contacts are all "local" too. I lost my calender when I attempted to reinstall hardware. Lol. I've since found them tho.
Highlighted

OK, let me advise you do a contact back up using an app from AppWorld like InTouch Contacts or another, so that you confidently have your contacts backed up.

Also, through your PC and Link, do a backup. Choose the Custom back up and make three separate backup, one for Settings, one for Media, and one for App Data. (you can name each by tagging on the end of the file name something like settings, appdata, media , so we can tell the difference in them IF we need to upon restore.

Ok, now, tell me the exact model variant of BlackBerry Z10 you have... look at your Settings > About > Model.

(I may not get back to this until tomorrow, so do the above and let me know the last question).

Knowledge Base Updates