Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: rogers

enough is enough!

I have been a dedicated blackberry user since the blue brick with the track ball. And I have reached my limit with this company being run by monkeys! I used to have a 9810 torch,, but after going thru 6 faulty devices, (they're called torches because you burn thru them)I upgraded to the Z10 (and I use the word upgraded loosely) in June 2013. One week after having my phone, I did an update, and lost all abilities to read pdf files. I'm self employed and my invoices / estimates are in that format. Super,, now I can't open them. I spoke to rim about this... their response? "it's an isolated issue. Your problem sir,,, not ours."...

So now, it's Nov 2013, and not only do my pdf files still not open, but now my phone doesn't know what a jpeg is, or how to even open it!!!

Rim,,,, you have had your last chance with me. I'm sick of the inferior products you're pawning off on the general public. I have spoken to you about my issues, and aside from paying for support, you offer nothing!
There are many reasons this company is in the toilet. And I have touched on just a couple of the issues. Now, I've gone and done it.... I didn't want to do it... but I did it. I had to do it. I need a phone that works... I have an iPhone 5 on route to me as I type this. I'm looking forward to having a smart phone next week... not this stupid one I've been stuck with.
Thanks for the memories rim..... maybe if you clean up your act, I'll be back.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: enough is enough!

Don't know what sort of remedial actions you may have taken -- reset, wipe, reloading OS, etc. But there appear to be a couple of PDF reader apps on BB World that may have helped you out? I am surprised to hear how little help you got from your carrier, however.
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Rogers is notorious for being complete putz.

I would encourage you to read this link: 

How Formal Support Works

You are paying Rogers for support for issues like this. If they refuse you, or won't escalate the issue up to BlackBerry technical support, then you have a HUGE argument with Rogers, first off.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Lol. Dude,, I resetted, reloaded, wiped, lost half my contacts in doing so, and actually, it was Rogers that stepped up to the plate to help me out. RIM is the company who tries to charge for support,, not Rogers. In fact, Rogers even helped me with the rim techs in March to try and get my 9810 to work properly. It was Rogers who gave me an iPhone 5 for $35. No contract renewal, no activation fee, no nothing, ,, except for $35. RIM has done nothing to help me out with my problems with the Z10. Like I said previously,,,, I didn't want to switch. But my need for a properly working device outweighed my love for BlackBerry.
Side note: why would I need to download an app to make my phone do something it should already be doing? Lol
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Yeah, I had heard Rogers was pretty good, thus I was surprised. Look, I'm just a guy, not a tech, but have had many phones. On my last Android had to install a 3rd party email app because the one that came stock, wouldn't work. On my son's iPhone I had to do the same because the "built-in" parameters were so locked down it wouldn't allow for an asmtp setting, thus had to find a 3rd party app. Sure, I shouldn't have to, but it's not just BBerrry. Good luck with your new phone!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

To my knowledge the pdf files can be opened by "Docs to go" which is provided with the Z10.

As you probably know, this forum is not associated with the RIM company and just animated by volunteers.

So this is not "just a complaint office" and I find your reply a bit direct towards people who are just trying to help.

Good luck still.

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
New Contributor

I can't stress enough,,, I didn't want to switch from blackberry, ,, but I need a phone that I can rely on. Maybe down the road, rim will get their act together and start running the company like it should be run. If I operated my business the way rim does,, I wouldn't have a business for long. As for the new phone,, not really looking forward to learning a new OS.... I just want it to work properly.
New Contributor

Not looking for a complaint office. But if you search online, you'll notice, there's not many places as professional as this one... and maybe rim will read my post, and find it as useful feedback from a customer.
Cheers messagepads
New Contributor

Nope... pdf's still won't open using docs.
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Honestly, you can disagree, but you're wrong. Rogers IS the issue, if they themselves have not ESCALATED your issue up to BlackBerry tier two technical support. Trust me, I peruse these forums quite enough to know their M.O., and proving the assistance you deserve AND are paying for is not something they readily do.

If they did, you would have already received from Rogers the escalation and the incident number and, the issue would likely have been resolved by now.

So, from there you can request that of Rogers and when they refuse, remind them who's the boss and that you are indeed paying for that software support.

Otherwise, we can try here, the best we can, to help you. But mind you, we are only users like you and BlackBerry personnel do not throw in here. With that understanding, which direction would you like to proceed?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code